Topic: Strat knockoff with some upgrades

I bought a strat knockoff kit, but it was missing the electronics- and other stuff I used to refurbish a genuine 79 Strat that I also own.  ANYWAY the kit guitar need a few things, like paint for the body, so I sprayed it with the lefto er green silver flake motorcycle paint that I had from a restoration of a 1970 Yamaha CS3C and then gave it a new set of electronics-I upgraded to a HSH system that I bought on ebay.  Will let everyone know what the results are from this imported pickguard and HSH pickups.  Still need a few things -like a fixed bridge-I never can get a standard strat to stay in tune despite using heavy springs so fixed bridges for me.  Will let everyone know what the outcome is from the imported electronics as soon as I get the funds together for the bridge system.

Re: Strat knockoff with some upgrades

bigbike4 wrote:

I bought a strat knockoff kit, but it was missing the electronics- and other stuff I used to refurbish a genuine 79 Strat that I also own.  ANYWAY the kit guitar need a few things, like paint for the body, so I sprayed it with the lefto er green silver flake motorcycle paint that I had from a restoration of a 1970 Yamaha CS3C and then gave it a new set of electronics-I upgraded to a HSH system that I bought on ebay.  Will let everyone know what the results are from this imported pickguard and HSH pickups.  Still need a few things -like a fixed bridge-I never can get a standard strat to stay in tune despite using heavy springs so fixed bridges for me.  Will let everyone know what the outcome is from the imported electronics as soon as I get the funds together for the bridge system.

Hey check this vid out for keeping teh strat in tune.   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0Oyc6sl … zuU5AtFwQs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6dlN93M … U5lcgpFT88

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dEZxByk … UYaA3zv8C8

Hope this helps.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

If you have the original bridge and want to save some money, just simply remove the springs and cut a solid wood block to wedge in and convert the bridge to a fixed bridge.

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

jaygordon75 wrote:

If you have the original bridge and want to save some money, just simply remove the springs and cut a solid wood block to wedge in and convert the bridge to a fixed bridge.

I did that trick on a yamaha electric that would never stay in tune.It really works

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

or you can just tighten the screws that hold the springsplate so that the tension is very tight.  I did that to my sons along with adding 2 more springs.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)