Topic: Just back in from 1:20 on the porch swing

Beautiful St. Patrick's day weather here in the Old Dominion of Virginia.  I had a nice time playing guitar and singing on the porch swing - still in my shirt sleeves after the sun went down.  I came in when the pollen had annoyed my throat enough that I may as well be mute.  Pretty nice evening (for me - sorry for the run on eardrum punctures at the ER from my neighbors trying to silence the racket). 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Re: Just back in from 1:20 on the porch swing

I'd trade you in a second Zurf!!! If I went outside at any point today I would have drowned. It's been raining and windy all day. Was coming in sideways around noon. I hate being cooped up in the house.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Like it! Today is one of the 7 days per year that Vegas gets rain, so I'm stuck inside. sad

Where's that "Like" button? I already miss Spring and Fall afternoons in NC. It seems Summer has already set in here in Florida. Had the AC on all day.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Zurf, Zurf Zurf......
You just did that to get us Canadians crying in our green beer, didn't you wink It's 33deg F and snowing here. Siting on the porch..... Jeez Louise.... (how do You spell "envy"?) haha!

There's nothing right in my left brain and there's nothing left in my right brain.
author unknown

It was great day here in Buckeye land too Zurf. Temps were up in the mid 70's and sunny. Jen and I took the dogs for a hike then had a picnic along the shore of one of our local lakes.  Everywhere we looked folks were out enjoying the day - fishing, power-boating, kayaking, hiking, riding bikes.  Even saw a couple of buggies from our Amish community out trotting along the back roads.  Got back home in time to watch the OSU-Gonzaga game in the NCAA tourney, then did a little guitar pickin' myself out on the breezeway.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Georgia is beautiful as well. Maybe a little too much pollen but beautiful nonetheless.

Music sounds great in a porch swing!

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

St Paddys was a beautiful day down in Dunedin, New Zealand also, had a huge night of music, food and whiskey, and the beer ran green. Thank you St Patrick for giving us the reason...!
Of course down her in NZ we get to celebrate thye day before anyone else in the world, and we are in bed sleeping it off when you guys are just starting!

"War never determines who is right , only who is left"
"Democracy is the right to protest about  the lack of it!"

There's nothing quite like open-air music on a warm evening! At least the neighbours weren't throwing stuff. I'm a little green (with envy)...

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

The weather here in Central NY was very nice this weekend as well.  We finally took the glass out and put the screen into the front door.  The kids had a blast playing in the mud and some of my daffodils are already coming up!  I was also on the porch (no swing) Saturday with my guitar.  wink

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Hello all, been a while. St. Paddy's day here on Curtis Island off the Queensland coast (where I am working at present) was very ordinary to say the least. Wild seas between here and the mainland, storm surges, storms and fierce winds prevented any boat movements off the island. As the Island is dry (no alcohol allowed) a few guitars came out and a very dry jam session followed. As there is a large Irish, Kiwi Moari and Aussie workforce, the jam was amazing in its own right due to the cultural differences and musical tastes between the players and singers involved. What started out as a day of - what are we going to do to kill the time, ended up one of the best days I have had with guitars and other like minded folk. The session went through the day and into the night and I am certain that no one wanted it to end but you can only drink so much coke.
Anyhow, that was my St. Paddy's day.

All the best
Bushy

Not one drop of my self worth depends on your acceptance of me.
"Quincy Jones"

That sounds like a blast Bushy.  I'm sure a beer would have been welcome, but there's nothing wrong with staying dry while having fun.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude