Topic: RIP Jim Marshall

Today we lost somebody who truly shaped popular culture. Legions of musicians have Jim Marshall to thanks for their sound. RIP Jim

Jerry

Live the life you love, love the life you live

Re: RIP Jim Marshall

Now He WAS A LEGEND,,,  In a market as big as it is now,,, What is the one amp everyone knows, trusts and lusts?     MARSHALL.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

in all honesty i never liked marshalls. i played the valve amp and found it lacking in clarity, volume and as soon as you gave it a bit of gusto, it distorted. i have pedals to do that. having said that, i used a bass cabinet for years with no moans. the trannie amp i got with it gave up the ghost after about a year...which is most likely why i wont use them now. give me a good peavy or fender or vox...now there's a good amp.

my condolences to jim's family, it is a sad time as he was an icon to many a dirty guitarist.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

How can the death of Jim Marshall, not be one of the biggest news stories of the last week? Without Jim Marshall, the likes of Eric Clapton, Pete Townsend and Jimi hendrix would all have sounded a bit tame. They would never have made the impact on the English and American music scenes that they did. Rock and Blues wouldn't have made the impact that they did.

Without Jim Marshal, the whole of the current music scene would have been completly different, yet the news of his death was so low key, it took a few days before i got to hear about it. The news should be as big as Michael Jackson, Elvis Presley or John Lennon dying. He was as important as any one of them to the world of Music as we know it.

Thank you Jim Marshall for all the music you have given us!

I see friends holdiong hands, saying "How do you do"
They're really saying, "I love you"
Louis Armstrong. Wonderful world.

as above plus thanks for the constant ringing in my ears!

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Phill Williams wrote:

in all honesty i never liked marshalls. i played the valve amp and found it lacking in clarity, volume and as soon as you gave it a bit of gusto, it distorted. i have pedals to do that. having said that, i used a bass cabinet for years with no moans. the trannie amp i got with it gave up the ghost after about a year...which is most likely why i wont use them now. give me a good peavy or fender or vox...now there's a good amp.

my condolences to jim's family, it is a sad time as he was an icon to many a dirty guitarist.

I dunno, Have you tried a JVM 410H? My buddy gets every tone he needs out of that amp only thing he has on the floor is a original TS-9, crybaby and a Tuner. maybe some delay on a rack. but its a pretty modest set up. supper clean to dath metal dirty.

I like Vox and Laney also.  Fender mmmm sorta.  All is good if you get the sound you like:-)

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)