Topic: Original "I'm Not Afraid to Cry" by Big Jim aka Bass Viking

An original tune I wrote about how boys are raised to be tough and not show their emotions, but how I have changed as I have got older.  I hope you enjoy!

http://youtu.be/ltRagxEm87M

Chordpro error: This is not a valid artistname. You will have to specify an artistname in the form {st: Artistname} in the beginning of the code.

Find a Path or Make One    This is a motto I have been following my entire life and one I am currently using with my music.
Big Jim from Ashville Ohio

Re: Original "I'm Not Afraid to Cry" by Big Jim aka Bass Viking

Another good'un Jim.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

hi jim that was lovely great sound/song.....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

thanks Daddycool!  I get one out every now and then.  I don't think I could ever create them the way you do!

Find a Path or Make One    This is a motto I have been following my entire life and one I am currently using with my music.

Excellent job, Bass (although you're really more of a tenor, I think). I wish you had tilted the camera down so I could watch what you were doing with your right hand. If you have time could you describe it? If you do, remember I'm not very advanced and so you'll have to be specific. (Cuz sometimes people say, "Oh, you know, I just flick this, and pluck here, and strum a little--it's easy.")

6 (edited by Bass Viking 2012-03-22 12:45:33)

Hey M.B.  I am not very advanced either, so maybe subconsciously I was hiding.  the Bass is not about my voice, but more about me being a bass fisherman and the Viking part is just part of an old high school mascot thing.  Was fishing once with someone who competed against in school and he said something like, "Yea, that big a s s viking outfished me again and it kind of just got shortened to Bass Viking.  I am pretty sure that what I am doing is picking the bass string of the open chord and then doing a down, up, down, up and then repeating.  I think!  Strumming is the one part of all of this that has left me a little confused, but I seem to be getting sounds to come out and I really like what I am doing.  Oh, by the way, thanks for the comments, it is appreciated.

Thanks for the description, Bass Viking--it was clear and I think I can copy it.

hi Jim..gave this a listen, I like it. 3 chords and the truth always works for me...and so does that motto" you have a great day.. Lane

Good song jim!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman