Topic: acoustic pick up

Gidday,

I`m thinking of getting a sound hole pick up for my acoustic guitar.
Have you got one? what do you think of it?
What is a good brand.

The King Of Audio Torture

Re: acoustic pick up

Fishman are about the best.

Jerry

Live the life you love, love the life you live

Easybeat, I've had two different kinds. I had a Dean Markley which worked OK not the best sounding. I didn't like the cord hanging down from the sound hole. I also had the Fishman Rare Earth which was much better. I had an endpin jack installed and the wiring from that pickup going to the endpin jack. That worked out great. New on the market are whats called disc pickups which sit on the outside body of the guitar. It attaches with a soft putty which won't harm the finish of the instrument. You can position them anywhere you want, the spot you think sounds best. The cord can be out of the way, and some have a hanger that connects cord  to the strap peg on the guitar. There are a few different models to choose from. Some even look like bottle caps and  you have a choice of which companys cap logo you'd like. I have a McIntrye disc pickup on my mandolin and I totally love it.It sounds great on my mandolin and the cord and jack are located out of the way. I have a simalar Baccus Berry on my other mandolin. I like them both. I am going to check out the disc pickups if I purchase another guitar without a pickup system.Check them out.
   Joe

Joe & Jerry
many thanx  you`ve given me something to think about.

I have a dean markly it is a good pickup,but I also do not like the chord hanging down. Someday I will try a fishman out.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I had a dimarzio disc pickup in the 80s.It stuck on with putty also. The pickup wasn`t too bad.The guitar was junk though.An awful guitar will sound awful through a good pickup. Like the old saying."you can paint the pump,but the water will still come out dirty"

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

I got the deMarzio super natural plus.wasn`t a lot to choose from at the shop but this has had
some very good reviews.
thanx for help,  having a lot of fun with it.

I have a disc pickup for my 12 string - just uses suction to stay on the guitar body. the sound varies depending on where you place it.

"War never determines who is right , only who is left"
"Democracy is the right to protest about  the lack of it!"