Topic: What are you doing this summer?

My wife and I were discussing how busy we'll be this summer and it does seem that we have something going on every month. We had thought about going to Virginia Beach for a weekend but that will have to be put on hold. In June-Graduation party for our 18 year old   July- 3 birthdays, our wedding anniversary, and my wife's family reunion, August- oldest son's wedding in Kentucky, Sept- my family's reunion/Labor Day party and in October, our youngest daughter's wedding. Whew! These are just the planned events, who knows what else will pop up in between. I know some will be attending Zurf's camping and picking weekend, but what does everyone else have planned?

Don't take life too seriously, you're not getting out alive anyway

Re: What are you doing this summer?

We're doing a camping trip to Missouri that should be a lot of fun.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Launching a daughter off to college and a son to the Governor's Honors program. I have a fair amount of busienss travel. i suppose my wife will be home seeking inspriation from the movie "Risky Business"!

Daughter is graduating from college, spending some time in Ireland, doing a lot of recording, and trying to put together a luau in the back yard, pig and all.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Surf 24/7 big_smile Got several surf expeditions planned and about 6 weeks of counselling at Camp Bowers for the Boy Scouts this summer....  Other than that, Just the norm... Lots of paddling/camping trips, etc...

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

A whole lot of nothing!!!! Can't afford to really get away. Maybe a trip to Nevada to see my parents. Other than that, just slaving away.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

If I can get teh money together, 2 weeks iin Asheville NC to see parents and have 20th anniversery.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

beamer wrote:

If I can get teh money together, 2 weeks iin Asheville NC to see parents and have 20th anniversery.

We went to Asheville for a long weekend a couple years ago and have been aching to get back.  What a great area!

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

I am very fortunate to live where lots of folks come to vacation. So my summer will be a lot like last summer. Boat drinks and strumming on the beach. There is a family reunion in upstate NY in August that I hope to attend if time allows. Amy has already committed to loaning me a guitar and besides seeing my family, meeting and picking with hers is something I really hope to be able to do.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

gidday.

We`re autumn at the moment, heading into winter down under.
Summer never came this year, in fact it was a shocker.

The King Of Audio Torture

@Zurf

Lived there from 82 till I Joined the navy in 90.  Great place to be a teenager too.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

12 (edited by johncross21 2012-04-28 08:48:32)

I'm going to Croatia. Sound a longs way away. Well, I live in London and its a little nearer to me than most of you are wink

I'm headed away from the sense of chaos that the Olympics will bring to London but I shall probably watch the main events on TV.

In May I'll be attending the BOCC (Burned Out Canoe Club) annual 3-day bash in WV which will involve some paddlin', pickin' and consumption of adult beverages. Also the Nelsonville Music Festival -another 3-days of listening to some great performers followed by evenings of pickin' around campfires. And since May is prime smallmouth bass fishing time, I'll be doing several floats on local streams.

June I'm hosting the Buckeye Rodeo - 4 days of smallmouth fishing, campin', pickin' and socializing on small streams here in southern Ohio  Then there's Zurf's Shenandoah Jam in VA to attend.

July will be a trip to Florida to see my oldest daughter and grandkids and a couple weekends of rafting & kayaking in WV.

August I'm looking forward to meeting my newest grandson - my youngest daughter's first. Also a couple weekend camping trips planned.

September a 4-day camping/fishing trip to the New River in VA and a 10-canoe trip in Canada.

However, as I am now officially retired, I reserve the right to change or add more events whenever I feel like it.

Just checked the clock and right now I've got to load my paddling gear and meet some friends for a yak float on a nearby stream.  Shuttle starts in 90 minutes so I better get hopping.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Mrs. Whitewater and I will be heading to northern Ontario, near Timmins, for a 3-week campng/fishing vacation for the first 3 weeks of July. Hope the fishing will be better this year than it was last, although anything will be an improvement. It was really freakin' hot last year, and the walleye fishing was spotty, to put it mildly.

I will also be remodelling the backyard - new fence, flowerbeds, canopy over the deck, etc. etc. etc.

Not retired yet, so I will have to squeeze in some time for work, too...

Hank's prosepctive gutiar player said: "Mr Williams, I'm not sure I can play for you, the onliest chords I know are C D & G"
Hank repleis, after a short pause: "Well, what else is there?"

My son and grandson moved back to the town where we used to live. My wife and I own a house boat where we can stay and several other boats in our old town. We put our house up for sale and are staying on the house boat until it sells. We have beauty and boating but no internet or T.V. for now. I love the peace and tranquility but I miss my Chordie buddies.
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Lots of BBQs and maybe a trip up north to get out of the heat, if I can manage it. Lots of weekends on my boat "The Lilly Pad."

@Jerome have you done a whole pig before? I can provide tips if you need it. I've done it a few times.

Baldguitardude wrote:

Lots of BBQs and maybe a trip up north to get out of the heat, if I can manage it. Lots of weekends on my boat "The Lilly Pad."

@Jerome have you done a whole pig before? I can provide tips if you need it. I've done it a few times.

Hi bgd sounds like what I will be doing but no boat,I had two of them and I miss them but not the maintaince on them. Have you ever had wild boar it is super,but if you get one that is really big they do not taste as well.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

tubatooter1940 wrote:

My son and grandson moved back to the town where we used to live. My wife and I own a house boat where we can stay and several other boats in our old town. We put our house up for sale and are staying on the house boat until it sells. We have beauty and boating but no internet or T.V. for now. I love the peace and tranquility but I miss my Chordie buddies.
toots

Roger and I were discussing what had become of you.  I'm glad to hear it's just an access issue and that we haven't offended you in some way, or that you're physically unable to type or whatever.  You've been missed.  Come back and join us when you can.  I'm sure there must be a coffee shop or bar with WiFi somewhere near the marina. 

- Zurf

tubatooter1940 wrote:

toots

Been wondering where you've been toots. Sounds like you are having fun and I am glad to hear that. You need to check in more often. At your age if we don't hear from ya every other day or so, folks start worriyin' bout ya big_smile

I've fallen and I can't get up!! big_smile

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

tubatooter1940 wrote:

toots

Hi Toots,

You were missed, and I am pleased that it was only an Internet access problem. Take care and keep in touch when you can.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Well, it's my 50th in three weeks so I'm sure we'll be doing something for that.

Then in June I'm off to Scotland with a couple of mates for 5 days for the British Superbike racing at Knockhill.

At the moment we're going through the proocess off buying a little cottage in the Brecon Beacons in Wales so we've got a couple of weeks put aside for moving as well, hopefully in July.

August and me and SWMBO are taking the bikes over to France to stay with friends for a week.

In September I have a big bike weekend away in Wales with a load of other members from London Advanced Motorcyclists.

So plenty to keep me amused over the coming months.

Jerry

Live the life you love, love the life you live

No big plans this summer, other than hopefully getting to meet Jeff in August and likely serve him up some of my "famous dead cow".  LOL!  Back yard BBQ's ... trying to stay cool... and work are on the agenda.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Playing music for tourists and moving cattle in the Big Horn Mtns. of Wyoming. Be there for July and August. Beautiful country, I can't wait to get back. Planning a trip to the Western Music Association Awards show in Nov.

Joe

Dino I shot a wild/feral hybrid a couple of years ago and I'm still working my way through the meat!

I finally bought me a motorhome and have been camping twice so far.  Plan to do it a lot this summer.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.