Topic: wrong wedding songs to start the first dance bride and groom

I know one thing, and it still happens, probably a lot more in Europe than in the USA: THOSE THINGS CAN HAPPEN IF YOU "LOVE" THE MUSIC, BUT YOU FORGOT OR DON'T UNDERSTAND THE LYRICS. I prefer, if you don't mind, world famous songs. I love to see what songs the "chordians" will post. I will try to post more or less 5 world famous songs.
- BEE GEES                                            Don't Forget to Remember Me.
- ENGELBERT HUMPERDINCK                   Please Release Me
- ALICE COOPER (maybe in-between)      How you gonna see me now.
- THE SEARCHERS (ROLLING STONES)     Take It, Or Leave It.
- MY FAVORITE: THE BEATLES                  Yesterday

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: wrong wedding songs to start the first dance bride and groom

At my brother's wedding, the DJ (a friend of my brother's who lives to tweak noses) played Angela Lansbury's "Beauty and the Beast"  from the Disney movie.

My mother-in-law, God rest her soul, loved piano music without lyrics.  She thought "Send in the Clowns" was a beautiful song and wanted us to use it as a processional.  She wasn't joking.  We went more traditional in our selection. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

One - by U2
Even Bono says he doesn't understand how anyone would use this song in their wedding.
EF

I went to a wedding a few years back and the bride and groom's first dance song was "Nice day for a white wedding"
by Billy Idol. The bride and groom were grungers and we all
had a great time.

...Badeye.

one caper after another

Hi badeye,
How's you this evening?   Worst song i ever head  for the first dance at a wedding was " Ive been a wild Rover For Manys a Year?"" Hello" He also would have been a Batchelor again in record time, Had i been the Bride! How unromantic!    Some years ago i was at an old friends funeral! "Cremation". Her family insisted on playing her song as she left the building as they say?  Her party piece song Badeye?  " Smoke Gets in your Eyes".   Well I nearly busted my gut trying to hold in the laughing! And im sure My lovely old friend was laughing as well somehow!!

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Well Badeye,
how are you this evening?

Brolly Dolly?

Hello Old Doll. I'm fine How are you? Been busy painting a house for extra cash. I read your post about your friends creamation and the song "Smoke gets in your eye's" Sad to hear about your friend but amusing song for the occasion.

The weather hear has been sunny and warm. Canada just
celebrated it's  140 th  birthday and there was celebrations all across the country. I watched "The Concert For Lady Diana" and was real good. Tom Jones did a couple bluesy tunes. Hey Lena your song is beautiful.well gotta go to supper so take care and have a great day.

....Badeye.

one caper after another

Good Morning Babeye,
I hope thats not you putting all that funny stuff on the forum today? Bit early in the morn for that kind of thing?
Well its still raining cats and dogs here. Never saw so much rain in all my life! Ive changed my name to" brolly dolly"

But My Sons Have christened me Chordelia? Well badeye have a great day! in the meantime , I will keep writing!

Brolly Dolly!

Good morning Old Doll. No thats not me putting all that funny stuff on here. Sorry to hear of all the rain. It's been warm and sunny here all week but are in for some rain for the next couple days. My garden is showing sings of growth
and do need rain here as it is very dry. Nothing like having a vegatable garden and fresh veggies. Sometimes i go out in the garden for a snack. LOL.Anyway up early for another day of work. Take care and I hope you get some sun.

....Badeye.

one caper after another

The worst would have to be Hit the Road Jack

what a long strange trip it's been

How are you badeye.
Before i head for the Labba {Bed}
Well I took the dogs for a walk today and i was wet to my preverbials by the time i got home!  Jeez one hour only of complete dryness in 3 weeks?
Are you setting up those tents again? lol, "Ill be there?"  God i just reminded myself of a great song! Was it the four Tops?  Good night Badeye!
Brolly Dolly.

Good morning Old Doll. It rained here all day yesterday and suppose to rain all day today so we are wet like you. we can only hope for sunshine so things can dry up. Hows your guitar playing comming along? I still pick mine up everyday and I think I'm improving. Got some strumm patterns down but still have problems with bar chords. I'm learning the fret board which is a big help. Since I got my guitar I've quit smoking ciggeretts and stoped watching that dreaded T.V.
So it's all good. Well it's early in the morn here and got to get ready for another day of work. Have a great day and stay dry.

Take Care...Badeye.

one caper after another

A bad wedding song would be "Friends in low Places' by Garth Brooks.

...Badeye.

one caper after another

Hi Me ould flower badeye,
How are you doing? My Guitar Playing is coming on fine! Ahem, im so good now im being called Erica Clapton? lol jesting! The tips of my fingers feel like builders blocks. I practise 2 or more hours a day! Work permitting! Just learned "This Old Guitar#" John Denver> Love that song. and simple songs " "Just when i needed  you most", Oh and lots more i want to learn.
Just Got Chords today for one of my alltime favourites! But the F#m i do find very difficult But ill get their! Determined!
Now Badeye we just have peace in this lovely land of ours and Mother Nature is running amok! My Beautiful willow was torn to shreds with the storm we had
last night!  So from this till next March im off to the sun every chance i get.
So you keep those tents well aired, and the practise for when i arrive!
Ill bring a Gasunder for  Your "GEM" for her Garden! And sure if were stuck on the lawn ? it would come in handy! lol
Old Doll.

Macarena
50 Ways To Leave Your Lover
Love Stinks
What's Love Got To Do With It?
(you give love) A Bad Name
Because I Got High
My Best Friend's Girlfriend
Jessie's Girl
She Drives Me Crazy
Surrender by Cheap Trick

There is a guy on my block who lives for rock, he plays records day and night, and when he feels down he puts the rock and roll on and it makes him feel alright. - The Kinks, Rock And Roll Fantasy

if myself and my long suffering better half of 13 years ever tie the knot i have already picked everyday i love you less and less by the kaisers.........

i came.....i saw........i left!!

How about
My Ding-a-ling - Chuck Berry
Please Release Me - Engilbert Howdoyouspellhisnamedink
You Picked A Fine Time To Leave Me Lucile - Kenny Rogers
Against All Odds - Phil Collins
Baby Got Back by Sir Mixalot
Strokin' by Clarence Carter
I Hate Everything About You by Ugly Kid Joe

Michel

I may be goin' to hell in a bucket babe

I think that Tammy Wynette's D.I.V.O.R.C.E. takes some beating.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

I went to a wedding once where the song was 'My Heart Will Go On' and I kept scratching my head and wondering just how that made sense.  Isn't that about someone dying and someone else going on?  It kind of creeped me out to be honest.

There are actually websites of the worst wedding songs:  http://www.keepersoflists.org/index.php?lid=1450

And this one is a GREAT article because it explains why those songs are mistakes...unfortunately, something screwy happened with the article and the names of the songs disappeared, but one of the commenters clued everyone in, thankfully: http://www.askmen.com/dating/dating_top … _list.html

I read that article a while back and laughed about it.

Here in Japan you can play anything you like at a wedding, nobody understands the lyrics but they love American/English songs. Why?

Learning to play guitar is hard, giving up is near impossible!

How about - "Another one bites the dust"? Also works for funerals (it's what I want, anyway)!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

I Hate Myself For Loving You - by Joan Jett & the Blackhearts

Another One Bites the Dust at a funeral.  Funny!  The mourners at a funeral may not think so, but sitting in the safety and comfort of my dining room on a sunny fall morning, that's funny.  There's some bluegrass songs I want played or sung.  I've got some buddies that are wicked good bluegrass singers. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

goodbye cruel world    from pink floyd off the wall album.

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

I know I'm late to the party on this one but how about:
Every Breath you Take - The Police.  Just saw them on the Elvis Costello show, Spectacle on Friday talking about how they couldn't understand why so many people use this in their wedding and if you listen to the words it's really not a very "loving" song although the Melody is really beautiful.  It was pretty funny to hear them talk about it. 

RavenLady

That's All Non-Violence is
--- Organized Love---
        Joan Baez

"Lola"....Could be a good hint to an upcoming bad surprise that night smile

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]