Topic: Doc Watson Dead

Doc Watson, Folk Musician, Dies at 89, a true American Legend. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/30/arts/ … amp;emc=na

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Re: Doc Watson Dead

When we speak of great guitarists of any style, Doc Watson is on everyone's list.  A tremendous talent and based on what other musicians had to say about him also a kind and thoughtful man.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

R.I.P. Doc, and thanks for the entertainment.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

A nationally known artist and a local hero - We drive the Doc Watson Highway every time we go to the mountains. Amazing he was ever discovered from such a small town. Bluegrass wouldn't be the same without him RIP Doc.

From the article:

“He is single-handedly responsible for the extraordinary increase in acoustic flat-picking and fingerpicking guitar performance,† said Ralph Rinzler, the folklorist who discovered Mr. Watson in 1960. “His flat-picking style has no precedent in earlier country music history.†

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

A lot of great music left behind to remember him by but he will be Greatly missed.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

RIP Doc Watson. I got them Deep River Blues.

Joe

I love to listen to him.  He was a great player.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

A great and humble man, i regret not seeing him in Nashville now that i live so close but the oppertunity did not come up.  He will be missed greatly.