Topic: Where is the justice

My old school mate, from the sixties, who went on to become my brother in law was diagnosed last week with cancer in the liver, lungs, bowel and adrenal glands. This man lived his whole life in a small country town and never caused anyone harm. He never smoked,drank alcohol or ate food that is considered unhealthy. Up until about two months ago he was still playing squash competitively in senior matches and has a cupboard full of trophies to attest to his prowess in this sport. This all seems so very unfair.
Things aren't looking too good for him at the moment although he started chemo yesterday.
All we can do is hope and pray for him now.

All the best to all
Bushy

Not one drop of my self worth depends on your acceptance of me.
"Quincy Jones"

Re: Where is the justice

THat sucks.That is why I just live the way I want and hope it all comes out ok at the end.  May peace be upon you and him at this time.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

I hate cancer.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Bushey i understand your feelings, my friend is in his last day's from lung cancer, yeah he smoked, i hate cigaretts.    b

I agree with beamer.  Do what you want and live life.  I am sorry to hear about your friend.  It is always a sad thing being confronted by cancer. Life does seem unfair much of the time.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Cancer dosent need a reason,all you can do is hope for the best.I lost a younger sister to cancer and my older sister is undergoing chemo for throat issues she is a wonderful person a kind hearted soul she is making progress so there is hope I wish your friend well that he recovers and continues to enjoy his life.

"Growing old is not for sissies"

I think cancer is just in the air we breath. You hear about so many people nowadays with cancer. Sounds like your friend took care of himself. My wife's friend is going thru a bout with some tumors.  Seems like everything is polluted. Prayers going out for your friend.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

i hope everything turns out ok for your friend.

Thanks everone for the kind words. My wife read the posts and was quite touched by the comments, after all it is her brother that is ill.
She also thanks you all so very kindly.

All the best
Bushy

"Quincy Jones"

Things did not work out the way we would have liked. My wife's brother slipped away last night. Very sad time in our house. Evidently, the cancer had taken too good a hold on him for the Chemo. to be of much help. He lived for only 2 months after diagnosis. If there is an upside to all this, it is that he was able to say goodbye to everyone before he went. He did this with a great deal of courage and dignity.
R.I.P. Peter.

Bushy.

"Quincy Jones"

So sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

I'm sorry for your loss.

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

I'm sorry to hear it also.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

My condolences to your family. It sounds like he was a heck of a guy.

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

I wish I could say something that would ease the pain, but all I can do is offer my condolences and hope you cherish the memories of your loved one..

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

16 (edited by joeyjoeyjoey 2012-09-25 08:09:48)

I`m so sorry to hear about your friend. I hate cancer, my wife is a survivor and I almost take it personally when anyone else gets it. I hope the best for his family

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

so sorry

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Sorry to hear that Bushy. I've seen some bumper stickers that say "Cancer sucks". They couldn't be more true.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Bushey sorry too hear of your loss.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

My sympathies to your as well, from just across the ditch.

"War never determines who is right , only who is left"
"Democracy is the right to protest about  the lack of it!"

So very sorry to hear about the loss of your dear friend and family.  Heartwrenching to have a diagnosis, a plan to try to cure it and lose him anyway.  Blessings to you, your wife, and the entire family.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Thanks everyone for your kind words once again. Has been a hard time around here lately, and just when we are becoming able to accept what has happened, my Aunt (my mums sister) died today. She had been in care for a few months but died quite unexpectedly today. A lovely, dignified lady that was very close to my wife and myself. Another death in the family in a month is tough to take, however I should not moan too loudly about things I suppose, I am still able to type these few words.
Cherish the time you have with loved ones, we never know what is around the corner.

All the best
Bushy

"Quincy Jones"

Oh dear.  I'm very sorry to hear of your bad news.  May she rest in peace, and may you also be granted some peace (but stick around a while please).

bensonp wrote:

I agree with beamer.  Do what you want and live life.  I am sorry to hear about your friend.  It is always a sad thing being confronted by cancer. Life does seem unfair much of the time.

I agree with the other realists here.
There's no point in trying to extend our lives...eventually we all have to die. Why live in misery and neglecting the enjoyment and pleasures of life only to die anyway?

Preservation is pointless if it means denial of the enjoyment of the life we were given.

Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

Detman,
            while I respct your views, the timing of your comments were off.

Bushy

"Quincy Jones"