1 (edited by boxer 2007-06-30 12:09:15)

Topic: Clip My Wings

Clip My WingsBoxer

[C]Clip my wings dear

I don't want to [F]fly

[Em]Just wanna stay right here by your [G]side.

[C]Clip my [Em]wings dear

[C]I dont [G]want to fly

[C]Clip my [Em]wings dear

[C]I dont [G] want to fly.

[C]Take my hand babe

Keep me by your [F]side

[Em]I'll walk with you

Down every [G]mile

[C]Take my [Em]hand baby

[C]keep me [G]by your side

[C]Take my [Em]hand baby

[C]Keep me [G]by your side.

[C]Take my sweet love

Keep me warm [F]inside

[Em]Hold me tight

Thro day and [G]night

[C]Take my [Em]sweet love

[C]Keep me [G]warm inside

[C]Take my [Em] sweet love

[C]Keep me [G]warm inside [C]

aka ......   Boxer Petal....<3

Re: Clip My Wings

Nifty little song of love there Boxer - would love to hear you sing it.

I put the voodoo codes in for you.  You can open up your posting using the 'edit' button (bottom right) to see the formatting codes.
James

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

3 (edited by boxer 2007-06-30 12:18:35)

Thanx James.
So how do you go about recording a song and putting it on here or you tube, do you just need a webcam or some other extraordinary piece of technical equipment that i don't own. Mmmmmm

Recording & editing software is available for free - google up 'Audacity' and you can download a nice chunk of software (free!).  Most computers have a basic microphone that can capture sound (not the best mics, but they work).  Better mics can be bought (I have a Snowball USB mic made by Blue that is really nifty - about $100).

Once you have a recording made (easier said than done), you can send an mp3 file to Roger Guppy and he can post it to the myspace/friendsofchordie site.  A webcam will allow you to put your songs on YouTube - but the sound quality is usually lacking.

I use GarageBand (Macintosh) for recording, and am still learning alot about how to use all of it's many capabilities.  Some people can become totally obsessed with the science and art of recording - me, I just want to learn the minimum in order to make a basic sound file.

So, ask around in your area (local music shop?) and find some folks who enjoy knowing about all this stuff.  You will probably find someone who will be thrillied to help you get started.  A computer and a little bit of software/hardware is all you need.  James

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Hi Boxer,

I just have played your song and a nice romantic number it is too. I too would love to hear you perform it, please give it a go.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

I have just downloaded Audacity,
and my how complicated it looks, like Mr Admin says, I need to find some local peeps who already know about this kinda t'ing.
Bit difficult in wild mid Wales, so if there is anyone out there reading this locally, please get in touch.....thanking you

Hi Boxer,
Reading your song, after having spoken privately, I now understand?
How are our 2 {  Gswps } Doing? and you of course?
Any more songs to reveal?. I look forward to them!

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !