Re: where is everybody from?

From county Laois(up the Queens county;))in IRELAND!!!Only 16 started teaching mysef bout 4 years ago n still learning every day!!Any other girls on this site???Any tips 4 good tunes??Also play the piano and tin whistle...

Hi x anna x,

Abbeyleix I hear you calling, in my dreams i hear you say,
Come back home to dear old Eireann,
Abbeyleix i'll come home to you someday!
That should be familiar to someone from your parts?.

That song is sung always at a festival i go to every year"
Holds magic memories for me!.
Yes! Anna there are loads of girls attached to chordie, and
Some Old Dolls like myself !
But male or female are always willing to help!  Just ask?
and enjoy being Chordified!
Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

HI all, i'm Franck from...FRANCE,this site is great but my english is not perfect,so i'm very cautious with my answers,have a good time with music , bye! maybe later!!!

Hi Bluenote,

No problem understanding your post!  Your English is fine! 
You have a  Beautiful Country!
Been their lots of times, as My Dad Happens to be buried Their.
Welcome to Chordie and enjoy!

Old Doll.

I´m 27 and living in Reykjavik Iceland. Been playing on and off for 13 years but still no good :-)  Love the site.

51 year old mom from NJ here!!!  Been playing since I was a teen (folky and pop tunes) with many years off for various reasons (education, career, family, kids).  Just found my way back because my own children are now expressing an interest in music.  Found this website and it has been an absolute joy for old tunes as well as new!  I'm hoping to be able to share in the near future.  In the meantime, I thank everyone for their contributions and help in reigniting my love for music!  Peace.

Thank you Old Doll,i play guitar since a few years and i enjoy to meet new friends on web sites,it's a great pleasure to share out this passion whith people from others countries.So bye all,maybe later on chordie .

Hi i'm from Dublin Ireland!Beatiful country you should all see it!

I hope I don't abuse the system by using chordie to get chords for the piano rather than the guitar!

yo..I'm from Indiana..kinda borring but I LOVE chicago. lol. this is cool, I really appreciate chordie, especially when I know how to play a song but they just help out with the fingers and stuff..very awesome for me.

I am from a cattle station in the NOrthern Territory in Australia.  I am 20 years old and have been playing and singing for about four or five years.

well i'm in alice springs and i'm not sure where everybody else is from

Hey Dankruse

Are yous getting any of this freaky rain?

im from arkansas (united states).

139 (edited by Jikklop 2007-07-05 11:34:07)

Hey,
I'm half Australian and half Indonesian by blood, but I live in Brisbane, and I'm 12.
Aussie! Aussie! Aussie! big_smile
Hello to all you other musicians!
I'm remotely jealous of the British, you guys have some of the best comedians around!

Jikklop

The Irish gave the bagpipes to the Scots as a joke, but the Scots haven't got the joke yet.

Try Looking up" Brendan Grace " {Irish,} He does a great impression of The Drunken Father of The Bride! Very funny!and clean.

Old Doll

Hey Old Doll,
Yeah, the Irish are pretty funny. My favourite comedian would have to be Dylan Moran (or Bernard Black from "Black Books")

Jikklop

The Irish gave the bagpipes to the Scots as a joke, but the Scots haven't got the joke yet.

Hi All,
I am from Dunedin in the deep south of New Zealand

"If You Always Do What You've Always Done - You'll Always Get What You've Always Got !"

Hi,

I am from West Sussex, United Kingdom (on the South coast, about 50 miles south of London).  First bought a guitar when I was 18 (I am now 35), took lessons about 8 years ago, then had a break of a few years, am now playing again, trying to get the fingers moving!

'Keep on rockin' in the free world!!'

Hi all, I'm from Walton, New York.  In the Catskill Mountains.  Been playing on and off for about 30 years, but only seriously for about the past 5.  I do some solo stuff and am also in a duo, "Chuck and Teri" .  Learning something new almost everyday and don't ever want to stop.  Keep pickin,
                                        Chuck :-))

I'm from New Hamphire. Chordie is great!! Just wish more bass tabs though.

Welcome to you all!

Im Old Doll from the" Rain Sodden Emerald isle " One whole month of it! 
Well and trualy wet  To my "Ida Maes" you may have to go through the post to understand what that means?

Slán

hi i'm from derbyshire england,been playing since 1974 ,i'm 53 and like to relax playing in my room ,keep plucking guys n dolls..

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

bluenote wrote:

HI all, i'm Franck from...FRANCE,this site is great but my english is not perfect,so i'm very cautious with my answers,have a good time with music , bye! maybe later!!!

Bonjour Bluenote,
Il y a quelque francophone sur ce site. Personne juge les autre ici. Bienvenue dans notre petit monde de musique et d'amitié.

Michel

I may be goin' to hell in a bucket babe

149 (edited by Devildogs_Doll 2007-07-11 05:01:19)

I'm Kelly - Devildog's Doll because the Germans once said the American Marines fought like "hounds from hell" so Marines earned the nickname "Devildogs" and I am married to a Marine, so hence the name.  It's nothing satanic!  lol

I'm 29, my husband is 33 and we're both lovers of music.  I'm originally from Cincinnati, Ohio, USA and he's originally from Tulsa, Oklahoma and between the two of us, we've traveled quite a bit and now live in southern California.

My favorite place in the world is Ireland.  I stayed two weeks in Cork city once and never wanted to leave.  I think it's great that we have such a variety of people and personalities here!  Where distance, politics, and differences may divide...let music unite us all!  smile

Hi Michel,

How come you never use that sexy language with me?Lol.

Old Doll.