Topic: A GOOD HARD RIDE

This is a song I have been working on for a week or so composing lyrics,music and arranging then came the recording,video taping and many hours of editing video and music.The videos were shot with my Fugi HD camera and the music was recorded on my Boss BR-8 all the mixing was performed in the BR-8 (panning,EQ's and levels) and rendered as a MP3 in Audacity on my laptop.The video was a series of short timed videos and edited 1st in movie maker to better adjust the start and stop of each one to fill out the length of the audio then came the fun part.
I used my TraKaX pro to acheve the Picture in Picture effects which is VERY time consuming especially alignment crossfades it was a labor of love and it picked me up after watching the thumping my Packers suffered so.... without further ado A Good Hard Ride smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLfr38mu … e=youtu.be

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: A GOOD HARD RIDE

Well done sir. Great way to start my work day.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Hey Russ - Great song, great performance(s) and fantastic job on the mix and video. I really liked how your video shared bits of the process of what goes into putting together a polished piece of music.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Thank you hope ya have a good day smile

bluejeep wrote:

Well done sir. Great way to start my work day.

Thanks jeff it was work but once I got into it I couldn't stop like reading a good book I started mixing the audio at 7:30pm around  10 I started on the video editing and finished at 3:30 am and uploaded it good feeling to finish it smile 

jets60 wrote:

Hey Russ - Great song, great performance(s) and fantastic job on the mix and video. I really liked how your video shared bits of the process of what goes into putting in a polished piece of music.

That was good Russell. You got skill buddy.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I appreciate your comments Pete thanks for taking time to watch smile

bensonp wrote:

That was good Russell. You got skill buddy.

good job russell,    do me a sonny and brownie tune.....

badeye    cool

one caper after another

I'll give it some thought its been a while since I listened to them but Im kinda leaning towards the blues more lately thanks for watching smile

badeye wrote:

good job russell,    do me a sonny and brownie tune.....

badeye    cool

A lot of work but well worth it for a great song and a professional video. Nice one Russ.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Thank you Roger I have another one swirlling around in my head at least the title and an idea of the tempo all I can say is its going to be a fast and furious tempo and some interesting chord sequences and breaks smile

Roger Guppy wrote:

A lot of work but well worth it for a great song and a professional video. Nice one Russ.

Roger

Brilliant as always, Sir. You're becoming quite the video "stud" !!!

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Stud hmm I like that sounds like a song title thanks for the looksee smile

geoaguiar wrote:

Brilliant as always, Sir. You're becoming quite the video "stud" !!!

nice bit of rock/blues there mister. i always knew you were a clever so-and-so. the picture in picture is really effective. love the riff

i was a bit dubious about the drum machine when you showed me the other night, but it sounds real nice.

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

dubious lol oh ye of little faith lol thanks for giving a look all the video was done with a 25 dollar program TrakaX its from Australia smile

Phill Williams wrote:

nice bit of rock/blues there mister. i always knew you were a clever so-and-so. the picture in picture is really effective. love the riff

i was a bit dubious about the drum machine when you showed me the other night, but it sounds real nice.

phill