Topic: Changing chord charts on songs

How do I change the chord charts (Chord voicings) and save the changes on songs in my songbook.   There does not seem to be a feature in "Edit".   I can click on the chord chart on the song page, (When not in "Edit") then sucessfully select the chart I want, but I can't save the new chart.  whenever I navigate away from the song and come back, it reverts to the original chord chart.
For example, the song sheet has the chord chart for C#m on the first fret.  I want to change it to C#m bar chord on the 4th fret.    Thanks

Re: Changing chord charts on songs

Welcome here leadership,I do not have an answer,but maybe someone will check this post out and be able too help you.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

3 (edited by khtakamine 2012-01-15 18:04:53)

Why can't I find the change settings box to the right of the songs to edit text size or transpose options.

Hi LS,

See the "show help" drop down in the EDIT area.
Scroll down to see:

Define chords
{define: chord fret s1 s2 s3 s4 s5 s6}

Example: C# to be played like an A on 4th fret:
{define: C# 4 1 3 3 3 1 1}

The definition should be placed after songtitle/artist. Note that you will also need to place the chord as [C#] within the lyrics for the grids to be shown.

Syntax is everything so be careful how you type wink  Very cool
GOOD LUCK!
Jim

How to save and print new edited chord chart? I added chords and clicked 'save.' However, the "print songbook" feature does not show them.

Not sure what system you are using, but I know that the iOS version for iPad will not let you display / print the chord charts. Only the lyrics and chord names are able to be printed, which is a shame.

Sorry, Garyhays, I don't know what the problem might be.  I haven`t printed but the print preview shows my edited chord charts.  I`ll try to print and get back to you
Jim

Works for me... I am using Windows 7, maybe it is an OS issue(??)
Good Luck!
If all else fails you could just add a text type chart but te Chordie ones are way more nicer wink
Jim

This format doesn't seem to be working {define: G 0 x 0 0 0 x x}

Any idea what I'm going wrong?

Hi there,

G, B and D are the notes required for a G chord so the e, G, D and A that you are trying to use do not make a G chord. However I do not think that the programming knows that smile but it does not seem to like all the x's.#

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Roger,

What I'm really trying to do is figure out how to indicate that the 3rd, 4th & 5th string are to be played open and the other strings are not to be played. So is there a way to accomplish that? Those 3 strings played open should be the same form as an A played on the same strings on the 2nd fret - wouldn't it?

After reading your reply I have spent some time experimenting with this but I am unable to produce the chord grid you want... {define: G 0 x x 0 0 0 x} should work, I misread the zero fret as the e string when I read your post earlier which threw all the notes I mentioned out lol).

Sorry I am unable to assist; maybe someone who uses this formatting more often than I can throw some light on the matter.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Roger, I've very new to all and looking for the definitive reference for ChordPro seems to be a bit less than obvious. The one that looks to be the most complete is the one at...

* http://tenbyten.com/software/songsgen/h … erence.htm

Though there also seems to be numerous references which differ in some ways from this.

Is Chordi still being maintained or is it a artifact?

I would also appreciate any insights you might have on

* http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=21130

be well & thanks,
Gene

systemswiki wrote:

Roger,

What I'm really trying to do is figure out how to indicate that the 3rd, 4th & 5th string are to be played open and the other strings are not to be played. So is there a way to accomplish that? Those 3 strings played open should be the same form as an A played on the same strings on the 2nd fret - wouldn't it?

systems,

Seems like this might be a great place for some tableture? There is a monospaced command in ChordPro {start_of_tab} {end_of_tab} which should suit your purpose. Tableture should let you show which strings to play open and which not to, I would think.

The chordii software is still in development. The current version of the documentation is 4.5. There is a good decent PDF available, though well hidden at the chordii web site named chordii-4.5-user_guide.pdf. You could probably Google that and come up with it.