1 (edited by Russell_Harding 2013-01-06 18:30:15)

Topic: Carly Jean

This is a song I composed this evening I dont have lyrics and I may leave it instrumental its in the key of G medium tempo in 4/4 the complete lead sheet is on my facebook page,its a fun and easy strumming chord changes with the exception of the dreaded B major smile
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-pA-QERnnJzI/UOefJLUPh0I/AAAAAAAAAvk/LE9dYpaFh4I/s640/Lead%2520sheet%2520new%2520song%2520001.JPG
Oh well may as well give all the chords. smile
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-bS7F0uyMDuE/UOefQ_o7nCI/AAAAAAAAAvs/2tqJJyr1POU/s640/Lead%2520sheet%2520new%2520song%2520002.JPG

my appologies the note in bar 6 is a G not a B I copied it off the rough draft sorry bout that smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: Carly Jean

AHHHH, so sensei you show how we no readers must learn to acive greatness... big_smile  LOLOLOL sorry couldnt resist.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

I dont know about greatness lol it was more for me I tend to forget melodies and its easier to jot them down quick while there fresh in my memory then turn on my recording equipment and lose the thoughts forever smile

beamer wrote:

AHHHH, so sensei you show how we no readers must learn to acive greatness... big_smile  LOLOLOL sorry couldnt resist.

Russell,will we get too see you play it soon?

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

5 (edited by Russell_Harding 2013-01-06 18:37:33)

Dino I dont have any lyrics composed yet I have been working on another composistion which is now recorded awaiting vocals that I had to put off due to a sore throat,I can record an instrumental version of Carly Jene while Im waiting for my vocal chords to heal up good enough to put the final tracks on my other song, at least I wont be waisting time which gets more precious at my age smile

dino48 wrote:

Russell,will we get too see you play it soon?

here ya go
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAM1QWAJG7k

I couldn't help attempting to hum out the melody with my terrible sight reading skills, and came up with the famous, "I dreamed a dream in time gone by..."  LOL.  Maybe I shouldn't have given away that sight reading book, huh?  Perhaps if I get some time, I'll pull out my daughters keyboard and drum this melody out while showing her a little about how to read music.  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

7 (edited by Russell_Harding 2013-02-06 19:30:46)

Amy I deamed a dream is a lovely song Carly Jean is a little more up tempo with different chord changes,I put together a no frills video of the song I added a short intro and ending this is a 1st take so forgive the few boo boos smile
I removed the original video and added a new one with Phill and myself

Well I wasn't too far off, the melody is totally different, but some of the notes are there.  LOL!  It's BEAUTIFUL Russell!  Absolutley beautiful!!!

Amy Yes some of the notes are there lol thanks for the nice words and giving a listen you made my day a little nicer smile 

mekidsmom wrote:

Well I wasn't too far off, the melody is totally different, but some of the notes are there.  LOL!  It's BEAUTIFUL Russell!  Absolutley beautiful!!!

Holy crap! Notation!

Baldguitardude wrote:

Holy crap! Notation!

I agree it is pretty scary!!,russell you are showing us up!!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

trial and error I also should have expressed the bar with a 1/2 note 1/8 rest 1/8 note and 1/4 note difffent to be precise it should have been a dotted 1/4 note 1/8 rest 1/8 note and a dotted 1/4 note to sound like dah & da dah which leads easier to the the 1/4 rest of the next bar this I discoverd after correcting the B to a G in the 6th bar,to bad we dont have the programing to score on chordie that would be fun smile

Dino it was not intended to show anyone up or advertise the fact I read some but I was curious to see if anybody could play the melody before I video taped the song smile

dino48 wrote:
Baldguitardude wrote:

Holy crap! Notation!

I agree it is pretty scary!!,russell you are showing us up!!

we were only joking,I learned some notation long ago but never used it so I have forgotten most of it.

aha you were only funning me no problem I was just covering the bases lol

dino48 wrote:

we were only joking,I learned some notation long ago but never used it so I have forgotten most of it.

I can read it!  But, I can't play it on guitar.  I haven't really honestly learned where all the notes are... I just strum chords without knowing really what I'm doing.  I could hammer the melody out on the keyboard tho!  wink

The same with me I cant read piano but I can play the melodie by ear smile

mekidsmom wrote:

I can read it!  But, I can't play it on guitar.  I haven't really honestly learned where all the notes are... I just strum chords without knowing really what I'm doing.  I could hammer the melody out on the keyboard tho!  wink

saying of the week; "I just strum chords without knowing really what I'm doing"  don't we all?

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Sadly my sight reading is too slow to be able to play from the score sheet, but I much prefer to listen to you playing it than having to work it out myself smile. I guess that makes me just plain lazy lol.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

This is the new video collaboration with Phill Williams and myself,Phill composed the lyrics and did the vocal and played the keyboards I composed the music and added Guitar,bass and rhythm as well as did the audio and video editing.Phill really made the song come alive and it was a pleasure working on this with him,he will add the chopro later so you can follow the chords and lyrics. smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbMPt-hU … e=youtu.be

russell that was really well done!!

nice to hear dino thanks for giving a look smile

You guys did a great job.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Great performance of a great song.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Pete and Jeff thanks for leaving your comments on you tube this song was worth all the time and effort put in by both Phill and myself I'm happy he composed the lyrics and nudged me into producing this song it seemed to take on a different life of its own from what I first composed Phill's vocal and keyboards took it to another level thanks again guys smile