Topic: GIBSON LP SUPREME

Is this really the best lespaul on the market? Or is it still the standard or custom, I have to admit they are beautiful and play very well

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: GIBSON LP SUPREME

If it is beautiful and plays well, then it may be the best for you.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

I have an older Les Paul Standard and it's a dream to play! But it is awful heavy! Also have a Les Paul Classic that has the chambered body, is much lighter, and has different pickups and it's also a great player. I always thought that the Les Paul Supreme is one of the best looking (and playing) guitars out there.

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

the guitar is beautiful, A++++, i not so heavy, and phenomenal

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

5 (edited by Roman79148 2013-04-25 16:56:40)

I have an Les Paul Standard and it's a dream to play.

quality management system

Have you looked at some of the lesser priced LP copies out there? I love the looks and sound of th LP but they are too damned expensive to justify buying. I have read many posts on other forums where one has bought a copy LP, such as an Agile, and loved it. I guess if you ahve the money to buy an LP go for it but if you are trying to stretch a budget maybe do some research?

I had a 1969 Les Paul Standard. Was the greatest Electric guitar I ever owned and I had a lot of them.  Sadly I sold it to upgrade to Martin acoustics. That was not a mistake but I still miss the Les Paul.

Joe

Does your Les Paul have the "Burst Bucker" pickups? I've got the lower priced Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro version w/ their Probuckers (my avatar at left) and that ability for coil-splitting is a real asset. I don't perform for a living (I'd starve!), so as much as shelling out for a real Les Paul appeals, I just couldn't justify it or afford it. I also don't mind the weight of it, and have simply compensated with a 3" wide strap.

Gibson LP Supreme is great. I have used it and recommends you to use because its beautiful and stylish. I had spend good time with this.

The Supreme is the highest quality you can get off the production line. The next stup up is a Custom Shop LP. The Supreme is chanbered and lighter. Plays a bit different as well.

yes, i thought so, she's THE GIBSON

I actually have a 2013 HCS one. It chose itself really by accident. I was looking at upgrading to a real USA Gibson guitar and had tried and admired the 2013 Standard but was not impressed by the AA maple - I mean the veneered copies all look like stripy tigers, right? So I looked in Thomann (European online authorised retailer) at the Plus Tops (AAA) maple, and there in the search results was the Supreme at the same price but with AAAA top. With all those top line embellishments. An extra A - who can resist! It is indeed a benchmark of manufacturing perfection. And the back looks as good as the front. My only "complaint"- the nitro coating smells of vanilla! I guess its still breathing.

I am playing all the right notes - but not necessarily in the right order! [Eric Morecombe]