Topic: Hard Rain - Beamer & Jet60's First

Scott emailed me about a week ago with this song idea and we worked at it together and came up with what you see here. I just sent Scott a scratch of how I play it acoustically and I can't wait to his electric version. I think it turned out great. It sure has a much more edgy style than my normal Folk/Americana stuff.

Hard Rain Words by Scott Sailer and Jeff Gilpin - Arrangement by Jeff Gilpin

June 27, 2013

[Dm]Hard rain on a sunny day

[F]there aint no [G]rainbow

[Dm] that can make me smile today [C] [G]

[Dm]Looking for that pot of gold

[F]has worn me [G]out

[Dm]its making me old [C] [G]

[Bb]Taking my mind on a [A]trip

to where Ill [Dm]feel no pain

[Bb ]taking my mind some[G]where

so I wont [A]go in[A7]sane.

[Dm]Nothing in my rear view

[F]Less up a [G]head

[Dm]No direction to cling to [C] [G]

[Dm]Want to travel far away

[F]Escape my [G]life

[Dm]But I’m just bone weary today [C] [G]

[Bb]Taking my mind on a [A]trip

to where Ill [Dm]feel no pain

[Bb] taking my mind some [G]where

so I won’t [A]go in[A7]sane….[Dm7]

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Re: Hard Rain - Beamer & Jet60's First

a lot of rock comes from folk/country just listen to the eagles. so i'm waiting with baited breath for a recording...should be good if the words and chording are anything to go by

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

I just sent you a  scratch of my acoustic version....still eagerly awaiting Beamer's version.  smile

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

you gonna post the scratch tracks or be shy?

I try to only post polished stuff and email scratches...just emailed you the scratch though.

J  E  T  S

looking good

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Scratch recording.................. pretty please smile

I just played it, so I have my own idea of the song and would like to hear your's and Scott's too.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

smile coming.

J  E  T  S

Roger Guppy wrote:

I just played it, so I have my own idea of the song and would like to hear your's and Scott's too.

Roger

Rog, I am planing on getting a basic out tonight.  I think all here know my battle with a click, but ill do my best.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Hope you will post your colaborated song in the songwriting forum when your able.
I would like to hear your recording.
ark

Coming Ark - just my acoustic scratch version though.

J  E  T  S

Ark, If you PM me your E-mail, I will send you the alt version from Jeff's that I have in mind. (Hold on to your hat,, we are talking about the metalizer here LOLOLOL)  I have a scratch that Jerome has tweaked a bit.  I think we could honestly call our team writing as "Two sides of the Coin Productions" LOLOL Hey! That might be something to think about!

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

beamer wrote:
Roger Guppy wrote:

Roger

Rog, I am planing on getting a basic out tonight.  I think all here know my battle with a click, but ill do my best.

Roger, did you get my scratch yet?