Topic: Beatles Complete Scores

Not quite sure this is the right section too post this in..but I guess its as good as any.  I'm interested to know if anyone has the Beatles Complete Scores book.  I'm a Beatles fan from the day they appeared on Ed Sullivan back in 1964...and have a couple of dozen books on them and a couple of song books of theirs.  I came across the Complete Scores a bit ago and was impressed with its size and price.  I'm wondering if anyone has this and if its worth the price.  I've seen some excerpts from it and it looks impressive.  Some of the reviews have said its great but not always accurate.  I'm wondering what everyone's experience is with this book and if you think its worth the price.  Thoughts?

It's better to burn out....than it is to rust

Re: Beatles Complete Scores

I have a book that only has chords for all the songs it is really good.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

just come across a book beatles complete chord songbook don`t know if this is the same one, it has all the beatles songs transcribed for strumming, sounds quite good

Not knowing the price, I am sure it would be well worth it.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

In the 80s I had a set called "The Compleat Beatles". It had all the songs including all the covers they did on their early albums. It was a 40.00 set back in 1983. It also had stories and pictures in the beginning of each book. They were the size of 2 large phone books. Now I have a 2 book set of all beatles songs with chords only. No covers though

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

onenumber7 wrote:

just come across a book beatles complete chord songbook don`t know if this is the same one, it has all the beatles songs transcribed for strumming, sounds quite good

Sounds like the one I have if it is it is well worth buying,I paid $20.00 for it around 1999,so it may be a little cost a little more now or a little less. I use mine a lot as I am a great fan of thiers.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

dino48 wrote:
onenumber7 wrote:

Sounds like the one I have if it is it is well worth buying,I paid $20.00 for it around 1999,so it may be a little cost a little more now or a little less. I use mine a lot as I am a great fan of thiers.

the one i saw was the paperback version on amazon for $18.00  , got a birthday coming up so i think this will be on my list !

Thanks everyone for your input.  I do have the book the Complete Beatles Chord book.  This has all the songs in that they wrote.....none of the covers they did.  The Complete Score book is close to 1500 pgs...and in a really tiny font.  It has the tabs not just for the guitar but includes the bass, piano, drums, and in some instances other instruments.  I found it for $45 on Amazon....so I'm making the investment.  I am a huge Beatles fan....so it just makes sense to have it in my collection.

Guitar Hacker wrote:

Thanks everyone for your input.  I do have the book the Complete Beatles Chord book.  This has all the songs in that they wrote.....none of the covers they did.  The Complete Score book is close to 1500 pgs...and in a really tiny font.  It has the tabs not just for the guitar but includes the bass, piano, drums, and in some instances other instruments.  I found it for $45 on Amazon....so I'm making the investment.  I am a huge Beatles fan....so it just makes sense to have it in my collection.

Thats not the same one I have mine is just guitar chords and words,sounds like you found a great book and the price is ok,I may check that out myself.

Received the book last week.  Wow.....over 1,100 pgs.  of tabs for (where appropriate) guitar, bass, piano, drums, and other instruments for EVERY song the Beatles sang....even if they didn't write it.  Its REALLY small print so make sure your reading glasses are really strong  :-)  Seriously....its a wonderful resource and well worth the bucks I paid for it!  If you are a serious Beatles fan...you need to have this in your library!

I was in a band when the Beatles were on Ed Sullivan we were the 1st group to do Beatles songs in Milwaukee I had to listen to the music quite a while before I memorized it there were no books just had to trust your ear and search but it worked out well smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Beatles songs are nearly always blocked on Chordie if accesed in the UK. I find E-Chords.com good for Beatles songs.

I see friends holdiong hands, saying "How do you do"
They're really saying, "I love you"
Louis Armstrong. Wonderful world.