Topic: Blue Train - "bluesy" song I wrote

Chordpro error: This is not a valid artistname. You will have to specify an artistname in the form {st: Artistname} in the beginning of the code.

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Re: Blue Train - "bluesy" song I wrote

Looks like it will sound good,you have some good blues chords in there that are a lot off whats used in crosseroads and a lot of the great blues tunes.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

3 (edited by Phill Williams 2013-08-17 09:16:30)

hi tgljk

i enjoy a bit of blues and a lot of rock. you've strung the words well together and the song makes sense and gives a picture in your head, which is what i try for when i write songs, visualise the story. i notice you haven't a web page, but i would like to hear it when you record it. let us know.

phill

ps. funnily enough, i wrote a song last night called "blue river" it's not bluesy or rocky, just thought i'd mention that.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

A very well written song! I played it and even though I'm not sure of your melody I really like the way it sounded when I played it!

A musician is someone with too much time on their hands! Thank god I'm a musician!!!

Thank you.   My feeling is that if it sounds good to you the way you play it, then that is how I would want it played.  I actually wrote it one night after my buddy told me his wife was leaving him. I was trying to imagine what that felt like. Enjoy, and play on brother !! JK

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

I really enjoyed playing your song and learning some new chord progressions from it. When you wrote, "I just play the chords kind of arpeggio"--could you explain a little what that means? Thanks!

Hi Artie!  WHat I do is just use my thumb and forefinger to pluck individual strings of the chord - kinda soft - as a lead into the full chords of the song.  I usually play them a bit soft as well. Have fun and enjoy it . I really like the song - my favorite one that I have written

Thanks for kind words  - Jim

That Em to C7 to B7 sounds nice.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

I like that progression  b/c you can pause for a beat or two on the B7 to make it real bluesy .  I am not really a a very good guitarist.... and I certainly am not a singer - but I love to dabble in chords and write lyrics. I mainly just play for relaxation from teaching and coaching.  I really like Chordie as well b/c it gives you a chance to see what others are doing ( some really great stuff!) and also get some feedback to improve your own .  Chordie is awesome!

hi TIGLJK, I really like the lyric in this, I`m not a very good guitarist, that being said I`d like to hear you do this, or maybe someone else here to get a better feel for it, and that style. that kinda interests me.