Topic: Songbook settings

Another quick newbie question - are the songbook settings (particularly the instrument option) supposed to automatically change the chords of the saved songs to those settings please? Currently, I'm having to change the instrument option for each song every time I open it to get the correct chord pictures.

Many thanks
Ann

Re: Songbook settings

Hi Ann,

If you have been into the Resources and changed your default instrument, you should always see the chords for that particular instrument.

Welcome to Chordie and, if you don't know, then keep asking. smile

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Hi Roger and thanks for getting back so quickly.

Yes, I had already changed the option to ukulele in the resources tab, but all my saved songs still appear with guitar chord shapes. I just went and did the procedure again to be sure, but with the same results. It's a minor issue but it's nice for things to do what they should :-)

Kind regards
Ann

OK Ann,

This has been raised before and I though the issue had been resolved. I will drop Per, Chordie's originator, a line and ask him to look into it.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

hey Ann

I've gone to resources to make the change to ukulele and it never has worked either for new music added or for music in my songbook. What am I missing?

The resources instrument  setting does appear to work if I go to view/print songbook but I was hoping it would work for the "active" songbook list as well.