Topic: California Bound By Way of Mexico...Finally Recorded

Well I finally built up the kahoonas to record a video. If you have time to check it out just click on the link to my website. I hope the vocals don't hurt you too bad lol Also been having problems with the humidity and my Martin...it don't like dry evan though I have a noodle in the case.

Here's the link to the original post.

http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=16580

Enjoy

Ken

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Re: California Bound By Way of Mexico...Finally Recorded

I'll just repeat what I wrote on you tube

That is fantastic Ken - I told you before and I mean it - I would pay to see you! Great tune, great recording and great video editing. Man - you've got to come to chordiestock one of these years!

I love the Billy Walker series - fantastic storytelling!

Chordians - do yourself a favor and check this out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMWQa_4G0nI

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the listen and positive feedback. Hopefully I won't looked as scared on future vids. Chordiestock does sound like a blast. If I can keep my ducks in a row I might be able to make 2014.

Big Thanks Again smile

Ken

P.S. Can you move this into the songwriting section where it belongs. I had an anxiety brainfart. lol

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

That was really good. You are a fantastic songwriter, player and singer. As topdown said, I would pay to see you. Your song touched me and there can be no greater compliment when your music can do that. My hat's off to you sir.

Dave

KAP54 wrote:

P.S. Can you move this into the songwriting section where it belongs. I had an anxiety brainfart. lol

Done deal my friend. Looking forward to seeing more!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

I really enjoyed your video! Great voice and picking, and excellent song, too.

Enjoyed it Ken. Pure quality as always my friend.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Hi Ken!

I gave the song the "DirtyEd test". (I'm an old-schooler who thinks music is to be listened to, not watched)  I turned on the vid, closed my eyes and just listened to the song - it passed with flying colors. Excellent job!  After I listened a couple times I finally watched it - and was impressed with that aspect also.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Thanks everyone for the encouraging feedback  It's good to hear. smile

I'll try to post one a week (that should help me with my fears) cause I'm having a frustratingly good time trying to figure out VideoStudio Pro X6. Playing in front of a mic/camcorder is another story.  If anyone knows any little tips/tricks for this program please let me know.

DE Glad to hear I passed your test. I've listened to a lot of your songs and really appreciate and like your style. There's nothing like a down to earth tune to brighten your day. Sorry for not posting remarks on your site. Please chalk it up to "plain ole nerves"

Thanks Again All

Ken

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

ken, i'm lost for words. fab video, very tenderly sung and your voice is great (not grate! lol) buitiful guitar playing...your a star.

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

great  song  really  well done  I  enjoyed it   immensely

Wow Ken that's' a beautiful song.
I'm glad you were able to get over your nerves and record it.
The vid was great and suited the tone and content of your song to a tee.
We'll done.
Ark

KAP   - That was a very nice song ! I enjoyed the guitar playing - the story is very Special. I have an affinity for being a cowboy - so it hit home.   I thought you sound was very heartfelt- like you were really the subject of the song. I also liked how you did the video - blending pics with you performing - that was awesome!  Thanks for the peak, keep sending them out !

Jim K

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Thanks Again for the encouraging remarks smile I'm hoping to get less scared about hearing my voice/playing and seeing me cause it really buggers me up when it's recording time. To me I sound and look like crapola (me thinks me do).  Anyways...Big Thanks, it means a lot.

No star here Phill, just trying to try wink

Hey Ark, It's been awhile. Thanks for listening, I value your feedback so I plan to get myself gooder. I hope your still writing, I really love your style.

Jim, Most days I feel I am the subject of the song so writing it was pretty easy. Glad you enjoyed the vid.

Thanks Grah 1 I hope to be able to do more.

Thanks All

Ken

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

I definitely enjoyed that too. Very nice work all the way around.
I would have guessed this was pretty far along, not an early video.  That's a great sign.

Classic Gospel and Traditional Hymns
[url]http://yourlisten.com/ed_shaw[/url]

Hey es Thanks for the listen. This was my first video and only took about 4 hours to do from start to finish. Corel VideoStudio Pro X6 has an re-a-a-al easy learning curve. Two Thumbs Up smile

Thanks Again

Ken

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Ken, I really, really, really liked your song. I am the same as Ed, I listen to the song before watching the video. The song, the playing and the performance of the song are fantastic. You could not have done it any gooder. lol

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Hey Ken,

I was listening to your recording again, and I was wondering if you could indicate the string order of your picking pattern. You don't have to write a whole tab; if you could just indicate what you're doing in a verse line. I really like the sound of it, and hope to learn it.

Thanks!

Hi Roger, Thanks for the listen and compliments smile also on my Youtube page. It sure beats sleeping or sitting in front of the tube. I'm also having some fun with it to boot.

Thanks Again

Hi Artie, I'm flattered that you want to learn my tune but unfortunately I can't help you out with the style of picking cause I don't know what it is or called. I also don't know how to do tabs. Sorry about that.
Perhaps another member with a kean eye/ear can cypher it out for you and if you do find out....let me know cause I'd sure like to know.

Cheers

Ken

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)