1 (edited by Russell_Harding 2016-06-19 15:33:24)

Topic: DAGGER

I was in the mood for some blues so I put some lyrics to a tune that was buzzing in my head I think we can relate to this feeling at some time in our lives I will put the chords and lyrics later its in the key of A major hope you enjoy  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-LovEN … e=youtu.be

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: DAGGER

This  is   where  your  at  bud   ,you  sound  awesome  on this  .Love  it .

Grah1 wrote:

This  is   where  your  at  bud   ,you  sound  awesome  on this  .Love  it .

yeah it kinda feels right to me too thank you for giving a look and commenting I hope some other folks will give a listen too smile

Absolutely wonderful! That's top-notch playing, singing, and composing.

Artie'splaying wrote:

Absolutely wonderful! That's top-notch playing, singing, and composing.

Thanks Artie please tell a few friends I have some other ideas for recording along these lines smile

Russell, do I remember correctly that you live up by Green Bay?

Russell,I am awestruck. Great job,well written and arranged,the singing very well done and your playing is fantastic! Did I hear a little slide guitar in there as well? I enjoyed this one very much. Keep em coming!

I checked out some of your other songs and all were very good. I could learn a lot from you!
                                                                                                                                                                                                Dave

RUSSELL you sound fantastic!!,that's a great blues tune.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I like your style Russell, you are an inspiration to us all.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

nice little tune there russ, i love this type of blues which i would call heavy rock, but i've been wrong about a few things before, like when i called slide; bottle neck, remember? anyway, you've done a great job here, i'm glad you didn't stick to a 3 chord riff, and the story sounds good too, would you be about publishing the words on chordie?

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Artie'splaying wrote:

I live about 25 miles north of Milwaukee on the lake in Port Washington I was born in Green Bay smile

hummin n strummin wrote:

Russell,I am awestruck. Great job,well written and arranged,the singing very well done and your playing is fantastic! Did I hear a little slide guitar in there as well? I enjoyed this one very much. Keep em coming!

I checked out some of your other songs and all were very good. I could learn a lot from you!
                                                                                                                                                                                                Dave

Thanks for the nice comments Dave yes I did lay a slide on one of the tracks I am always available for helping if I can and if you have any questions I will try and answer them glad you enjoyed this smile

dino48 wrote:

RUSSELL you sound fantastic!!,that's a great blues tune.

Thank you dino and please tell a few friends smile

bluejeep wrote:

I like your style Russell, you are an inspiration to us all.

That's the first time I have been called an inspiration I hope my future compositions live up to it thanks smile

Phill Williams wrote:

nice little tune there russ, i love this type of blues which i would call heavy rock, but i've been wrong about a few things before, like when i called slide; bottle neck, remember? anyway, you've done a great job here, i'm glad you didn't stick to a 3 chord riff, and the story sounds good too, would you be about publishing the words on chordie?

phill

phill we seem to be complimenting each other on songs I like yours and I will put the words and arrangement in by tomorrow thanks for taking a look and it is more a heavy rock then just standard blues three chord riffs are fine for practice but I like a bit more of a challenge smile

russ, i'm not complimenting you just cos wer'e friends, i really do like the track and if it's about what i think it is....then the story line will be good too

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Phill Williams wrote:

russ, i'm not complimenting you just cos wer'e friends, i really do like the track and if it's about what i think it is....then the story line will be good too

phill

Me neither I really liked your song just pointing it out smile   the story line "guy meets girl, makes a connection wants to pursue it further girl rejects idea guy is pissed lol end of story

Russell_Harding wrote:
Artie'splaying wrote:

I live about 25 miles north of Milwaukee on the lake in Port Washington I was born in Green Bay smile

My college girlfriend (yeah, I basically only had one) was from Marinette.

Nice piece of playing/writing there Russ. It's gotta feel good to bones when you get a piece like that complete.

Kudos
Ken

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

KAP54 wrote:

Nice piece of playing/writing there Russ. It's gotta feel good to bones when you get a piece like that complete.

Kudos
Ken

Thanks Ken yeah its kinda nice when it comes together got another one I am working on its coming along nicely smile

Did I say AWESOME yet?  I had reshared it on FB.  AWESOME.  AWESOME.  I liked everything about it.  :-). Russell, my guitar hero.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

mekidsmom wrote:

Did I say AWESOME yet?  I had reshared it on FB.  AWESOME.  AWESOME.  I liked everything about it.  :-). Russell, my guitar hero.

Amy you made my day!! Thank you that is one of the nicest things I have heard smile

Russ,

That might be the cause of global warming in Wisconsin !!! THAT WAS HOT!!  I really enjoyed it, your playing is way gone - I'm soooo jealous.  Great performance

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

TIGLJK wrote:

Russ,

That might be the cause of global warming in Wisconsin !!! THAT WAS HOT!!  I really enjoyed it, your playing is way gone - I'm soooo jealous.  Great performance

Jim

Don't know if I contribute to global warming or not but I sure do like what your saying thanks its nice to hear smile

Great stuff, Russell .... thanks!

Your song, your playing, your voice, your guitar that you built, your experiences behind the words, your technique with your recording gear ... it truly is all you! Reminds of something Tim "The Tool Man" Taylor used to say:

"If you didn't make it yourself, it's never really yours."

That's excellent work, my friend ... and it's certainly all yours from start to finish.