1 (edited by mekidsmom 2014-04-15 15:04:16)

Topic: White Sand

New song that kind of came out of nowhere today... it goes something like this:

Edit:  Recorded and uploaded to soundclick, here:  http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_so … D=12756885

White SandBy Amy Wall

upbeat

[G] Wake'n up with my [D] coffee cup and I [C] think about you,

[G] Yesterday seems to [D] far away, but I've [C] still got the [D] blu- [Dsus] - ues.

[G] Try to empty out my [D] foggy brain but

[C] I just cannot get away from [A7] yesterday's pain...

I [G] want a beach, white [D] sand, a [C] fruity drink in my [D] hand.

I want the [G] waves on my [D] toes, [C] breeze in my hair and [D] yesterday to just [G] go away [D] (tomorrow is already here, tomorrow to already be here)

[G] Baby can't ya see this [D] isn't me? I'm [C] lookin' at the door.

[G] All the years have [D] just flown by and now [C] I've got the [D] blu- [Dsus] - ues.

[G] Try to smile through [D] every day, but

[C] I just cannot get away from [A7] yesterday's pain...

CHORUS

[Em] I need to find [C] me again,

[Em] I don't know [C] where she went.

[G] Maybe [D] she's... on a (change chorus to her instead of me, she instead of I)

CHORUS

[G] Yeah, I know that it's [D] getting late, yesterday [C] just won't go away.

[G] I know tomorrow's[D] what I've got and [C] I don't want the[D] blu- [Dsus] - ues.

[G] I'm gonna focus on the [D] positive, and

[C] I just need to get away from [A7] yesterday on a...

CHORUS

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Re: White Sand

Love it - looking forward to the recording! Rummy Fruity Drinks for the win!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

I like alot Amy,I played strumming and then went back and fingerpicked it sounds good bothways.I do hope we will see a video.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Excellent job! I had a lot of fun playing it--I really like the rhymes and rhythm of the language. I look forward to hearing you sing it.

I  would   like  to  hear how  you  play  it    I  tried  it  this  morning  and  it   became  a  reggae song  after  two  attempts . I  played it  on capo  5 and  added a D at  the  end  of  the  first  line  and  a  repetitive  C-D  change  at end  of  the  chorus .Its   a  very  good  song  I  like  it   a  lot .

A tip of my hat to you Amy, well done! I'm looking forward to hearing you sing it.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

I really like your song Amy. Can't wait to hear you sing it. You have been on a musical mission as of late. Keep it going,it's all good!

Awe, thanks guys!!!!  I'm glad it came across so well on "paper".  smile  I was up until 5 AM playing my guitar last night, so a little tired and sore fingers here today but I'll try to get some recorded version over the weekend so you can hear how it sounds. 

Grah1 wrote:

I  would   like  to  hear how  you  play  it    I  tried  it  this  morning  and  it   became  a  reggae song  after  two  attempts . I  played it  on capo  5 and  added a D at  the  end  of  the  first  line  and  a  repetitive  C-D  change  at end  of  the  chorus .Its   a  very  good  song  I  like  it   a  lot .

I often tend to play and sing in Bflat - so I've got it capo'd on the 3rd fret, and strum it with a bouncy rhythm.  I can totally hear it played in a reggae style!  I think you are probably quite close with the rhythm.  smile

Hi Amy I like the way this reads and look forwards to hearing your recording. (I also get a reggae feel to it)

Nice

Cheers

Ken

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

hi amy, yep i agree with ken, it does play well as a reggae tune as it gives it a kinda "happy on the beach" feel. i like it, when will you put it up on myspace? i had a look but didn't find it.

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

From one New Yorker to another --- very cool   I 'm not sure I'm playing it like you - but it sounds nice and I like the words a lot. Way to go !

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Ok Guys, I got a basic recording done and uploaded to soundclick.  I updated the original post, but here's the link down here too:  http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_so … D=12756885

Let me know how different it is from what you were all playing!  smile  I don't think I'm capable of singing reggae, although I do think it would make a good raggae song!  I'd like to hear one of YOUR versions!!!  smile

Well Done Amy,
That's definitely not recorded from your Iphone..Recording Studio? at home? I haven't been playing but I'm glad I haven't...I like your version better.

Cheers

Ken

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Just at home (actually I was in my moms living room) with my little zoom recorder.  All I did to the file was normalize it and convert from WMA to mp3 (on the recorder itself).  Thank you!!!

I'll  get  my   friend  Cindy  Scholl  to  sing  a  version reggae  style  but  it  will  probably  be  next week  some time ,I  thought  you  did  a  great  job any  way   Amy  well  played .

Just had a listen to White Sand, that was great Amy. I can taste a fruity drink and feel the white sand between my toes!

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Nice vocals on this Amy well done smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Great job Amy! Sounds really good. You have a wonderful tone to your voice. I'll be hummin this one next week while on family vacation in Myrtle Beach!

Dave

Enjoyed it Amy. You always sing so great, but I think your guitar backing here was performed very clean, and beachy, AKA "come to my island!". I think your vocals are so much better on your originals than your covers; although, that may just be my personal preference to original work. Anyway, I put this one up there with Tequila and Jack, which is my favorite Amy songs.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Sounding great Amy!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Amy,

After listening to it - I was so impressed.  You have a GREAT VOICE  !    It took me a couple of " listens" to figure out that you put the word cruise in  ( rhymes with Blues)  -   I could picture you going through the night writing this --- it has that once in a lifetime sound - I'm sure you didn't want to let it go and try to re-create it in the morning !   It is just excellent!

It has such an "Island flow"  and the way you bring the lyrics to life - it makes me want to go to my favorite spot on Earth right now - the beach ! ( Topsail, NC is my heartland of beaches)  I think I am closer now to how you play it - but you are so much better.  You are truly blessed with vocal and instrumental talent.

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

hi amy, not far from how i pictured it, well done, though you never mentioned that you'd changed the key to Bb...very nice.

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t1.0-9/p480x480/10174848_629342413811612_3473106516321149655_n.jpg

Wednesday evening

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1.0-9/p552x414/1458699_10203624038911704_3699289852930142162_n.jpg

Amy I found that you can make it into a blues song also with the right chords and fingerpicken.