Re: White Sand

Nice Jeff!!!

Guys, I am awed by how many responses this post has, and the number of views is kind of insane.  Thank you all.  I have enjoyed reading each one!  As soon as I get some computer time I will be writing some ginormous response to you all!  smile. I am really pleased that you all seem to like it so much.  I will have to put this one into my regular playing rotation, and see if I can get a more interesting recording done sometime in the near future!!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Finally, a little extra computer time.  smile

I will say it again, I am truly awed by the response to this song.  I've received not one, but TWO emails about people on here working out a recording or adding to my own recording.  It gives me tingles in my belly to know that it's been taken so well. 

Ken P - your comments make me consider finding a little quiet time and playing around in audacity a bit more.  Maybe I will attempt to record a couple tracks and put them together instead of just doing the guitar and vocals all at once.  I really need to play around a little more with some software.  I also have a friend nearby that has a whole home studio set up.  If I can find some time when he's free, maybe I'll even go over there.  He's offered, and I just don't get out enough!

Jeff- Jets60- I actually blushed when I read your reply.  I'm sure glad no one was around to see it.  I don't think I blush very much anymore.  LOL!  Thank you!

TIGLJK, Jim - I don't think I really have a ton of talent when it comes to the guitar.  I just strum it.  I don't even know what I'm doing half the time.  ha ha!  Thank you so much though.  Every time I play it or listen to it, I think of Mad Beach or Treasure Island - the white beaches in the Gulf of Florida.  The recent Chordiestock II trip helped a LOT with that visualization!  smile  As for writing it, the funny thing is I just had a writing "moment".  I threw one song down on paper in about 20 minutes, messed with it, said "oh that's crap" then fiddled with the guitar a little and threw this one down in another 20 minutes.  I tweaked it and played with the vocals and changing a few chords over the course of the day.  I actually can't believe how quickly it all came together.  Hence, wanting to do another recording sometime in the future.  I didn't really spend "enough" time on it.  OR, that's how I feel at the moment.  smile  (ps - this has probably been covered somewhere before, but what does the TIGLJK stand for?)

DINO - how did you change it?  When I started writing it I was teetering between bluesy and island feel... I went island because it seemed to fit better with the chorus.  I'd love to hear what you're doing different.  Graham is working on a reggae version!  smile

To all the rest of you, THANK YOU... I love you all!  Chordie is THE BEST!  Maybe I'm nuts, but I made a facebook "music page" for myself.  I realize I have some stuff on youtube and some stuff on soundclick and if anyone wants to find everything it's really tricky.  This won't help anyone using an android/iphone facebook app, but on the computer if you go to the link under my profile for website, you can see my music page on FB and from there I have added soundclick and youtube apps so you can play everything from FB without bouncing around sites.  smile  I am seriously considering pushing myself to find a public outlet for music too.  We'll see how that goes.  I sure wish there were actual open mics around me.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

28 (edited by dino48 2014-04-25 01:44:21)

Amy I fingerpicked it  and used most the chords from Eric Claptons Crossroads but I did it on acusoustic and moved the chord around. You can do it with they chords you have. As I said I did fingerpick and that makes a lot of difference. Chords I used were e7,b7 a7.  I also strum the e and b at the third fret a few times UP-wards every once in a while and I do it With a light touch not pressing hard at all,I just slap my pinky on them quickly,got too be up not down. Someday I will  have too take some time so I can learn how too post these here and on youtube

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman