Re: I think I want to mic my guitar

Effects are good, but cumbersome to set and retrieve quickly.  The FCB1010 midi controller cures that but requires a bit of study & practice to set up.  Otherwise good amps although they do get a lemon once in awhile so fiddle with it and take advantage of that easy exchange policy and generous warranty if you are unfortunate in that respect.

Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Found a Berringer amp for close to the same price, but I think I am going to go with that pa/monitor and if NEEDED I'll grab a preamp later on.  I think I'm sold before even trying anything out.  Good chance I might just grab the pickup online then maybe see if Guitar center has that pa/monitor in store to try it out.  Thanks GUYS for all the help!!!!!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Good decision Amy, as for the preamp.... Naaaah, you won't need one.  Phantom power is already provided IF you get a mic that needs it, which most vocal mics don't.  As for the pickup, I'll bet the hubster and you can figure that out, the only "technical" part is the drilling out of the strap pin hole which should be done with a REALLY really sharp brad point bit which can cut the veneer cleanly with care.  The rest is common sense and reading the instructions.

Take Care;
Doug

Thank you again Doug!  K&K purchased and installed as a Mother's Day present to me.  Plugged it into the friend's PA and it sounded sooooooooo gooooood!  My husband has been playing around with my Martin on his Line 6 Amp, having a blast and thinking he doesn't need a new electric anymore, just a good acoustic and a K&K!  LOL!  I went in and looked at that little Bherringer and got really scared.  Talked to the kid in the speaker department, and he was suggesting a small PA that I don't want to even think about at the same price point over the little Bherringer.  I got turned off quick, and am now considering the Fishman LoudBox Mini (sweetwater has a sweet deal on them at the moment with mic, stand, etc for the same price as the amp).  We'll see what happens this weekend.  I might just jump the gun and do it.  At least I hear Sweetwater has a great return policy if it's not everything everyone says it is.  I was considering a few others, but see reviewers stating this one is better than those specific ones I was looking at.  smile 

Anyhow, thanks again for the suggestions to everyone!  I'm glad I didn't mic it after all and went with the K&K.  As I said in another thread Zurf asked about, my friend with the PA is now looking into getting one too and he already has a magnetic soudhole pickup!

PIcs of the set up or it is not real LOLOLOL

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

I'm sure you will love your K&K Amy. A friend who comes over to play from time to time uses one with his Guild. It sounds awesome when he plugs into my pa. Of course it sounds really good unplugged too. Good luck and have fun!!

Dave

You are very Welcome Amy, I am pleased you are pleased.  The last one I put in was in a Taylor for a Very OCD friend who was freaked about drilling that big ol' hole for the strap-plug.... but naturally all that concern was for naught and vanished with the first sounds from the amp. Had to winch him off the ceiling and strap him to a chair to get him to play something and quit giggling like a schoolgirl.

Enjoy!!

Take Care;
Doug

beamer wrote:

PIcs of the set up or it is not real LOLOLOL

Scott, I can get you a pic of the plug... and a pic through a mirror of the pick-ups... but the awesome thing is no one would know it even had anything done to it unless they paid attention to the plug!  You can't tell just from glancing that my Martin isn't "just an acoustic" anymore!  LOL!

I was thinking of you plugged in with it LOLOL

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)