Topic: I'll take that as a hint

The string on my daughter's guitar popped, but her friends were over and they wanted to hear me play some.  Which is very cool, I think.  So I belted out a couple.  Boomer and Tiny have both got popped strings now.  I guess it's time to stop playing for long enough to restring three guitars - and I'll have to buy a set of strings for my daughter's anyway. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Re: I'll take that as a hint

The string buster does it again.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Boomer needs some love. He gets rusty when he's not handled regularly.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe you were thinking that you were still at the archery game!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Been there - too lazy to change strings, so I just switched guitars - I hate when that happens!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Don't forget to ask about that "bulk" discount!

Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Zurf, don't worry about changing the strings. Tell the wife that all 3 guitars broke and you need to buy new ones. Your missing a great opportunity, here.

Nela

NELA wrote:

Zurf, don't worry about changing the strings. Tell the wife that all 3 guitars broke and you need to buy new ones. Your missing a great opportunity, here.
Nela

No way. I'm not getting rid of a Guild and a Breedlove that easily! Now, my daughter's guitar sounds pretty good for a free to me 1/2 size folk guitar. I'll hang on to it as well.  The last person who learned to play on it gave it back to me after buying a Taylor Big Baby. 

Topdown, I could probably go a month at your house just switching guitars, instead of an afternoon like at mine. Ol' Reliable is still strung up, I guess.

- Zurf

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

At least its only the strings that broke, unlike my Fender 12ers bridge, and blackies inner struts.,,, Still have not gotten them to the Doctor.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Zurf, what I typed in my post and wut you read is 2 different things. No where did I say to get rid of wut you got I said" tell the wife that all 3 guitars broke and you needed to get new one's". Once you convience the wife you got broke guitars you gotta figure out a good place to hide them. Get the new guitars in the house, then over a period time you sneak the old one's, with new strings installed, back in the house one at a time. If you ain't sneaky enough to accomplish this on your own please send $19.95 for the complete 3 CD lesson assortment. These lessons come with a money back guarantee. There is an addition service charge for the guarantee. Cost for this service is $24.99.

Nela

Zurf, I must be doing something wrong I can't remember the last time I broke a string.
I guess I'm just not playing hard enough. lol..Maybe I should work on that :-)
                                                                                                                                                              Dave

Dave - I've taken to a very percussive style with heavy bass. It's almost always the A or D string that I break.

Is there any chance that one of your tuning pegs at A or D has a sharp edge on it? Is that the breaking point of the strings?

No, I don't think it's the tuning peg. I'm pretty sure it's me.