1 (edited by beamer 2014-07-13 07:05:41)

Topic: STAR (another one by Beamer and Jetts)

OK,  I have the last verse and I think it ties it all up.

STARScott Sailer / Jeff Gilpen 6-17-14

Verse 1

[G] Reaching for a dream

[Am] I’ve yet to achieve

[G] I’ve only played in garage bands

[Am] Yet I still have your hand [B] (X244XX) [A] (XO222X) [B] [Am]

Verse 2

I’ve never known fame

Probably  never be a star

But in your eyes…

Yeah, I hope I reach that far

Bridge

[Am] Sometimes I act a bit [G] crazy

[Am] SometimesI can be a little bit [G] hazy,

[A]I still sing its outta tune

And [A7] most folks run in fright

[D] Still you’re here with me[D7] tonight.

Verse 3

Music keeps me sane

At times brings me pain

When its all too much

I reach for your touch

Improvise solo on Verse and bridge chords

Repeat Bridge

Repeat Verse 1     

End on repeating last line:

Yet I still have your hand

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Re: STAR (another one by Beamer and Jetts)

I like it so far,jets is a good choice for pairing up with. Song seems a little short.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

3 (edited by Grah1 2014-07-04 12:56:12)

Big solo in the middle?

I like what you have so far guys. Perhaps another verse or two before repeating the first would get more of the story and feelings to come out. It's very good and just has me wanting more. Waiting to hear the recorded version. Nice job!
                                                                                                                                                              Dave

Grah1 wrote:

Big solo in the middle?

Yep if you want to play it! LOLOL I dont do lead.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

6 (edited by beamer 2014-07-11 00:28:14)

hummin n strummin wrote:

I like what you have so far guys. Perhaps another verse or two before repeating the first would get more of the story and feelings to come out. It's very good and just has me wanting more. Waiting to hear the recorded version. Nice job!
                                                                                                                                                              Dave

Working on it,, since I tend to write long stuff,, I thought a short one would be nice LOLOLOL

gidday guys,
good work,i think it`s ok as is.
if u said what u had to say, then it`s complete.
i often notice writers think they need to spin a song out longer
& it losers it`s way & feels forced.
if u happy with it, that`s the main thing.
before u started there was nothing,now u have created some thing.
go u good thing!

The King Of Audio Torture

What I was thinking about this song was that it was written as more of a rock ballad than the heaver stuff that is usually Beamer's kind of song. I think the melody is kind of haunting and the words tell a bittersweet story of so many garage band guitar heroes who have dreams of stardom that seems to always to elude them, but they're a star already to the one who loves them. Mostly Beamers' words and music. I only tweaked it a smidgen. Kind of reminds me a little of Russ' Reflections. Your work's definitely getting better Beamer.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

I will be adding another verse to it for better closure. I wrote it tue night,, just have not gotten on here to edit.  well as they say bear your soul and the rest follows. this is about as blunt as I can be.

Third verse added

I  would  like  to  hear the  rhythm you have  set  for  this  song  I  feel  there  are  couple  of  ways  it  could  be  played ,at  the  moment  I'm  bending  to  a rocky  style  but  I  think  it  could  go  power ballad  with  a  little  development hence  the  comment  about  big  solo before .

12 (edited by beamer 2014-07-13 07:29:36)

PM me your email. I have a rough track of the very first time I played it into my smart phone.
it is sorta CCR who will stop the rain ish,, but it does bend to 80s power ballad pretty good i would think,, I strummed on it for a hour or so at the lake last weekend.  I also have a couple failed attempts to make a vid LOLOL

ok pm coming