Topic: CHORDIESTOCK III - 3/13/15 - 3/15/15 - save the date!

I know its several months away, but some folks are traveling from overseas (I hope) and others need to book their rooms early and have been asking me to pick a date. I've decided to do it in March this year, the first weekend after Daylight Savings Time begins to allow that extra hour of sunlight for the tourists and beach lovers.

I have recently moved into a house - just a mile or so down the street from my old condo - still on the beach side, 2 blocks from the Gulf. The format will change this year as I no longer have the clubhouse and the Bus will be closed, but I've got a great back porch and enough of a back yard to have a killer back yard jam. I've got a feeling that another venue will be available for the Sunday Jam - very similar to the LBP. 

The first 2 were an absolute blast! Lets make this the best chordiestock ever!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Re: CHORDIESTOCK III - 3/13/15 - 3/15/15 - save the date!

March 2015. 6 and 7.  one week after MY BIRTHDAY!   Ill start my fund now,,, after the new bed, new computer, etc,,, But I gotta make it again! and this time I'm staying close! Don't want to miss so much of it!  Maybe a few of us can arrange a shared room since we are planning so early.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

I'll mark it on my calendar, but the chances of me being able to make the trip are about the same as winning the lottery.... or getting a recording contract.

Somewhere between slim and none.... but I might get a chance to do a little traveling and haven't been to the Gulf Coast, Sooooo?

Enjoy your new digs Top!

Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Topdawg's coming on Friday. We'll have a chat.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

5 (edited by dino48 2014-08-02 00:40:01)

Still on my bucket list,but I want too get my Martin, so I need too keep saving for it.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

A great idea to announce the date so early, Jeff - I'd love to be there, if possible! May even bring Mrs Norm this time...
Cheers!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

Get that Martin Dino. Any idea which one you want?

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

bensonp wrote:

Get that Martin Dino. Any idea which one you want?

I want the same one that you have the D-28 ,I think I have worn out the one at the local guitar showcase. I am getting closer too having it. when I get a few hundred dollars from there price I will go in and dicker over the price the manager can drop prices some.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Good luck buddy. You'll love it.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I'll be there. I will start the look for the condo. I have a couple of originals that I will be posting on YouTube soon. And I have a song that should make Dirty Ed proud.....Zurf heard it last night (but we could not get through the verses without laughing....)

I don't care if Hell freezes, as long as I've got my plastic Jesus
Riding on the dashboard of my car......

Strat, Martin, Tele, Artcore.......

Hey Jeff - I'm going to give it a go. I have to save up my vacation but by March I should have enough. So many friends I need to get reacquainted with and others I need to meet in person.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Just thought I'd bump this up as a reminder to folks who may like to join in!

Hey Jeff, there's a chance that Mrs Norm and me will be able to come! We would like to come for the 3 days of C/stock, then spend another 3-4 days touring around. Any ideas of places we should see, without travelling too far? Though we are planning to hire a car, of course. We like nature/wildlife and small, interesting towns. Definitely no Disney stuff!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Norman ST68 acoustic

I missed my get away from my family and hang out with smelly river rats weekend this year. So, I'm hoping to make it down. Depends on a lot of things.

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

Zurf - I will not accept no for an answer - you are a chordistock fixture - as far as I can remember you and Wayne are the only 2 from out of town that have made the first 2. Can't stop now!

Paul - There are tons of nature tours in the area - kayak tours, trails, historic sights. Ft. Desoto Park is only a few miles south and was ranked as one of the best beaches in the world. http://www.pinellascounty.org/park/05_ft_desoto.htm

There are lots of springs and historic towns inland (US historic anyway). Ybor city in Tampa is fun to see. The everglades aren't to far away - Key West is something that shouldn't be missed - they run a catamaran out of Ft. Myers - about 1-1/2 hour drive south. The local cable news network has a feature called "Floria on a Tankfull" - you should get plenty of ideas here. http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/ba … nkful.html

I will do my best to make it, a week earlier would have been a perfect fit for us. Hopefully we can make it.

Later, Wayne P

Thanks for the info, Jeff!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Norman ST68 acoustic

OK.  I've tried Amy tricks with BB code and HTML code and they don't seem to be working for me.  But what I want to say is...

I'M IN!!

wlbaye wrote:

I will do my best to make it, a week earlier would have been a perfect fit for us. Hopefully we can make it.

Wayne - I am just now seeing your post. I'm not opposed to moving it up a week if thats the only way you can make it -  and if nobody else has as of yet made firm plans. You've got to be here! You and Zurf are the only traveling chordians who have made the 1st two - you've got to be here!

Well unless the good fairy drops down. Things have just taken a bad turn.    and not to jump thread, see my new one.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

OK - we are about 4 months away. So far we have Zurf, beamer, normtheguitar, topdawgz, and wlbaye as return guests, jets60 is the only committed newbie. Hopefully Dirty Ed will return as well. Come on folks, book this trip! It is a great time, I assure you! Topdawgz said he's gonna book a condo nearby and will have space to share. I figure I can put up 3 easily (with beds) - up to 5 if you don't mind camping on the floor.

Make your plans - book this trip!

OK. I just bounced the idea off AuntJoe. She has to think about it. Weather is going to play a big factor so I couldn't commit until about a week before the event. If it decides to snow here at that time, (which does happen) I would have to back out. I have several commercial snow plowing contracts that I would lose if I didn't show up.

My youngest daughter's husband was just transferred to the Orlando area.  Their family left today and will be living in Saint Cloud which should only be a couple hours away from Jeff's place.  Methinks a visit in mid March would be just about right.  I could probably get away for a couple days for Chordiestock if I can find a place to crash.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Awesome Ken! You are more than welcome to crash here, but you may be on the floor - or in a tent outside. From what I know about you, that shouldn't bother you a bit! I believe Robert will have space as well.

Can I be first to say - "PLAY THAT MIDJJIT SONG"!!!
Can I also just ask if anyone is hanging around after C/Stock for a few days, for some sightseeing/exploring/fishing/adult beverage-ing??

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Norman ST68 acoustic