Topic: titles

Hi everybody,
After being a stalker on chordie for quite some time, downloading songs etc. I've finally decided its time to come out.
I've been a rustie for a great number of years (re Neil Young). And was wondering.
Is chordie a collective title for its followers,are we chordies ?

Thick as two short planks

Re: titles

Well it's only fair that after a little over six years and 999 posts, I should have a chance to welcome a new (ish) member to our Chordie Community.

Welcome! and it is nice to have you join in our discussions, and having been a "lurker" for a few months and surely reading the posts..... what took ya so long Bud?   (just joking if you couldn't tell)

Anyway that is a very good question, and I don't recall it ever coming up before.  My guess is anything that fits the context is acceptable. To the best of my knowledge, there hasn't been a ruling or vote or decree that specifically "names" the members as a group.  So unless it is demeaning in some way or offensive, take your pick.

Tell us a bit about yourself, music tastes etc., after a really short while you'll start to feel like one of the "Family" except you don't have to send everyone a Christmas card.... at over 500k members writer's cramp would cripple you for life, and your guitar would get really lonely.

Welcome Aboard & Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

I like Chordians. smile

Welcome to the forum,

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Hi keepit
it's not set in stone but think the term Chordians is the one most used to describe Chordie members.
Welcome to Chordie.
Ark

Hi all, thanks for the welcome. Just a few words about myself.
I'm from Nottingham England, musically I'm rooted in the 60's but main influence is anything Neil Young. Also a complete technophobic so please don't expect any clever stuff. You'll catch me usually lurking around the songwriting and acoustic pages.
Bye for now, catch up with you all again soon.

Thick as two short planks

Welcome KeepIt. I'm sure you'll fit in quite well and find quite a few kindred spirits.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

The 60's had the greatest music ever. Welcome.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Welcome, keepitreal! Another Brit here. I like the term Chordian and I also like Chordians, if you get my meaning...
Cheers!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

normtheguitar wrote:

Welcome, keepitreal! Another Brit here. I like the term Chordian and I also like Chordians, if you get my meaning...
Cheers!

Kind of makes me wonder if there are any Chordian accordion players here.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

hi keepit, velcommen, no i'm welsh not german. chordians is what we've been calling ourselves for quite a while now. there used to be a chordians youtube? page for recordings involving two or more chordians, i wonder if it's still going ...roger?

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

11 (edited by dino48 2014-08-04 00:27:38)

bensonp wrote:

The 60's had the greatest music ever. Welcome.

Pete I agree with that 100 %,. Welcome too the chrodie Nation.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Yup, welcome to Chordie K.I.R.. We all hope you'll contribute regularly, as every participant brings fresh perspectives and new ideas.

jets60 wrote:
normtheguitar wrote:

Cheers!

Kind of makes me wonder if there are any Chordian accordion players here.

To quote Tom Waits,

"A true gentleman knows how to play the accordian, but refuses to do so"

Hank's prosepctive gutiar player said: "Mr Williams, I'm not sure I can play for you, the onliest chords I know are C D & G"
Hank repleis, after a short pause: "Well, what else is there?"

I refer to it as the "Chordie Family", but Chordians has been used a lot.  wink  Welcome to the forums!!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Lol.   I love the chordie family .... Everyone is so helpful and nice, not to mention talented( aka... Phil, Amy , and Dino among many others) and  the Friday blues edition is awesome!   If I am by myself , even though I'm playing guitar, I guess I would turn into an "a chodian"!   smile lol. Welcome to heaven from the dark side - enjoy the friends here.

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Welcome to the fun part of Chordie. Don't be shy. just jump right in and voice your opinion. We can treat you so many different ways you gotta like some of them.

Nela

I am fairly certain that it was Lieven 'gitaardocphil' who first used the term "Chordian". I have certainly found him using it in 2007 smile

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"