Topic: Any chance of Chordie audio?

Gidday All

Just wondering if it`s pos to have a Chordie audio, or link to
maybe Chordie soundcloud.
It would be great to have all chordie songs available in the one place.
New songs ,covers,performances,poetry readings etc?

The King Of Audio Torture

Re: Any chance of Chordie audio?

Howdy Easy,

I doubt that it would be practical to put all of the tunes available on Chordie into an audio format and the storage it would require would be unreal.

There is a Chordie.com Youtube Channel where some stuff is located and many members have their own channels or accounts usually linked to their signature or personal webpage.  Some have Soundcloud accounts, some have Reverbnation, some have????? Have to be careful though about links that are posted because of the rules concerning commercial postings as advertising..... but if there are any questions they are usually vetted and approved.  We also have to use caution about possible violations of copyright, so most everything in the audio/visual venue is done off-site and certainly not hosted anywhere on Chordie Servers.

There is even a group here that has regular Skype Jam Sessions.  Although I should say that the lag times halfway around the world can at times be  tedious.  I'm sure that there would be others along to chime in on what is all going in that department, so hang in there and Thanks for Asking!!

Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Would this be called chordio, or am I just thinking aloud?

Thick as two short planks

Yup, what Doug said.  Everyone pretty much has their own links.  To put everyone's everything all in one place would be a LOT of people having control over a lot of everyone else's everything (woman talking in circles).  "My local band and me" and "songwriting" sections pretty much cover most of what you're looking for.  On youtube, many chordie members are subscribed to one another.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Having a soundcloud for that would be problematic, but a sticky thread with links to everyone's stuff would be easy to do, and accomplish the same end.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

There's another site which I believe has much of what you're looking for:

http://www.songsterr.com/

The basic site functions are free, and full function is available for $9.90 / month. It's only reasonable that there should be a fee of some kind for the whole package, which I feel is very reasonable. That said, it's still not CHORDIE, and doesn't have the great bunch of folk I've met here since I joined.

With the Skype upgrades,, time lag is not a big issue much any more.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Good to know Beamer.  I have a Skype account somewhere.... been so long I forgot the password!  Tried video with Roger Guppy last time and the delay was something in the vicinity of several seconds...... kinda like video chatting to the moon!

Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare