1 (edited by Phill Williams 2014-09-05 21:43:54)

Topic: dont care

Don't Care. Undefined

[E] I'm sitting in the garden strumming [D] chords.

And singing songs to [E] myself.

[E] No-one ever listens to [D] me.

So my songs go [E] unheard.

[A] Don't listen, don't listen, don't like it don't want to, don't. [E]

Don't [A] listen, don't listen, don't like it don't want to, don't [B] care.

[E] I'm standing near the station singing [D] songs.

Some people throw pennies in my [E] hat.

No one really listens to [D] me.

I wont argue with [E] that.

[A] Don't listen, don't listen, don't like it don't want to, don't [E] care.

(CHORUS)

[Dbm] Everyday I do the same things.

[Ab] Breakfast in the morning, eating out of tins.

[F#m] Writing words on scraps of paper.

[B] Hoping some day someone will stop and [E] hear.

(SOLO; E-D-E| E-D-E| )

[E] I haven't made enough to feed the [D] dog.

Not enough to feed my-[E] self.

If no one pays to listen to my [D] songs.

Put a penny in my [E] hat.

(CHORUS)

Don't [A] listen, don't listen, don't like it don't want to, don't [E] care.

Don't you dare stop.....[E]

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: dont care

i thought i'd put this up as it's all about a busker and the hardships he goes through. it's a thankless job.

Now you're  playing my tune, love busking and your spot on. You don't do it for the money, you do it for the love of it. Played it and with a few slight  changes. This will be heard on the streets of Nottingham England.
Thank you
.             keepitreal

Thick as two short planks

good tune Phill.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

This could become an anthem for the buskers in Camden who are getting a bad time off the council at the moment.For those who dont know Camden council are making it illegal to busk unlicensed there is curently a movement against this. If any one wants more details pm me and I'll forward a link

hi grah, is camden a suburb increte?

as someone that has to follow his wife around the shops, buskers are a welcome respite, camden council want to license buskers to make an extra few shillings, like speed cameras and congestion charges. why cant they let musicians do what they do in peace, they're only trying to earn a crust.

thnaks dino, we try to please.

keepitreal, glad you like it, fame at last.

i will be posting the recording soon, let you know.

Phill Camden is  in London this is  a  link  to  the  campaign http://keepstreetslive.com/

grah, duhhhh, i do know my geography, even if i cant spell it...I, T?

honestly i was trying to inject a little irony.

we get similar problems down here in wales where councils are forcing pubs that have live music nights to employ licensed bouncers, effectively doubling the cost of a nights entertainment. they're just money grabbers, they seem to forget that councils were created for the benefit of people not the opposite

Sorry Phill I  completely missed the joke , but we also have problems here with street musicians not being alowed to play,here in SItia we are having problems also in the bars , no live electric music however dj sets are ok

i've seen that before in bulgaria, sunny beach i think, where live music has to be dead quiet and finnish at 11 or 12 PM, but night clubs and rave parties and disco's(?) can go on till the early hours and as loud as they like....and all recorded crap, the world has become sick

Nice tune Phill as a former busker I can definitely relate its a tough gig sometime

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Buskers are welcome in the city of San Francisco,they also have alot of other free entertainment all by the piers,as this is a major tourist draw the merchants make good money and so do the buskers.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

i've finnished the recording and put it on sound cloud, please click the link if you'd like to give it a listen

https://soundcloud.com/iphillfine/dontcare2

please feel free to comment

Hi Phill
I enjoyed that. Though the content was a little depressing I thought the tone was quite upbeat and buskersque...:) The accordion sounded just right for the song.
I guess the lyrics strikes a chord (no pun intended) with the busking fraternity.
good job
Tony

Phill Williams wrote:

i've finnished the recording and put it on sound cloud, please click the link if you'd like to give it a listen

https://soundcloud.com/iphillfine/dontcare2

please feel free to comment

Excellent! Your work continues to amaze me with it's depth and professionalism.

Phil,

nice song -  not too many buskers in upstate NY , but I really enjoyed your work.  I sit on my porch and play.... wave at people as they drive by.   I think my wife offered to put $$$ in my case if I would just play and not sing ! smile 

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

hi ark, i guess that's just a fact of life these days. buskers are usually honest musicians providinb a service. not like the the hustlers on street corners conning the simple minded with their "rigged" games.

thanks artie.

hi jim, my wife would be happy if i didnt play or sing, except for gigs of course.

thanks to all that took the time to listen and comment.

phill