Topic: Hi from mekidsdad

I hear that the "proper etiquette" around these parts is to hop over to the chat corner and introduce myself, so here I am.  I've found a lot more time lately to play my guitar,and enjoy life with the family.  My lovely wife mekidsmom suggested many times over the years that this is THE PLACE to come for guitar advice along with good people and good fun.  So here I am. 

Jim

AKA - The Hubster

Re: Hi from mekidsdad

Welcome MKD!!! Pretty soon we'll have the whole Mekids family here. I'm sure you'll fit right in.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Gidday & welcome
Your lady sure can sing.

The King Of Audio Torture

A big welcome to you Jim.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

http://www.desismileys.com/smileys/desismileys_1344.gif
Whose that guy?

LOVE YA Hubster!  http://www.desismileys.com/smileys/desismileys_3709.gifGlad you FINALLY made it (and before the end of the world even wink)

Amy

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

6 (edited by naolslager 2014-09-29 00:23:37)

Welcome Jim. I'm sure you'll enjoy the cast of character around here. I know I do.
dj

Welcome jim!! lucky guy.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Hey JIm, good to see ya finally posting on the site & glad to hear you're doin' some pickin'.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Welcome to chordie Jim!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Welcome aboard Jim !!  Heard a lot about ya..... most of it good stuff.

Now you have a chance to defend yerself.....and dispel all those rumours about leather straps and such.

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Some really good folks here. Drop by anytime Jim!

Dave

Welcome Jim, nice to have Amy's better half with us. lol

Roger

(I think I will regret that comment, still Jim will defend me...... I hope)

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

13 (edited by unclejoesband 2014-09-29 11:13:20)

Welcome Jim. A great bunch of really friendly folks around here, unless you're a spammer. smile

mekidsmom wrote:

Glad you FINALLY made it (and before the end of the world even wink)

Amy

Just make sure you stock up on lots of new strings. wink

Good to see you Jim. Join in buddy

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Welcome to Chordie MKD! Don't know how many children you have, but perhaps they'll be here someday as mekidskids1, mekidskids2, etc.

Welcome, Jim! I'm lucky enough to have met you, and Amy, before.
Cheers!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

Welcome! Good to have another of the mekids family around here.

Hi I am new to the forum as well,and go by a number of handles, which go from ridiculous flimflamsamiam ro the quizzical ,proofed, to the truth "SlappedHappy", I named myself during a divorce, which you may or may not relate to. Indirectly, its about a guitar buying spree I went on during said divorce picking up a Martin, ac-el, a Fender resophic, amps, keyboards, computer interfacing equip,. That is the happy, part. The Slapped part was a community property state ie WA. and a poed ex whovalued our home. Anyway hi everybody..

Live&Let LIVE

Great bunch here,   Welcome.....

one caper after another

Welcome Jim and SlappedHappy.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

proofed wrote:

Hi I am new to the forum as well,and go by a number of handles, which go from ridiculous flimflamsamiam ro the quizzical ,proofed, to the truth "SlappedHappy", I named myself during a divorce, which you may or may not relate to. Indirectly, its about a guitar buying spree I went on during said divorce picking up a Martin, ac-el, a Fender resophic, amps, keyboards, computer interfacing equip,. That is the happy, part. The Slapped part was a community property state ie WA. and a poed ex whovalued our home. Anyway hi everybody..

Welcome slappedhappy,you need to put your own post up so some of the other members see you,sorry about the divorce I been there and done that,at least you are starting out with a Martin and other good equipment.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Welcome Jim! from one former AM to another,  good to have ya here!

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

A little late with the welcome but I've been out of pocket for a few days. Welcome, Jim. Amy has told us so much about you that is seems like we already know you. So, I guess it's time to "spill the beans" on her.

Nela

mekidsdad wrote:

I hear that the "proper etiquette" around these parts is to hop over to the chat corner and introduce myself, so here I am.  I've found a lot more time lately to play my guitar,and enjoy life with the family.  My lovely wife mekidsmom suggested many times over the years that this is THE PLACE to come for guitar advice along with good people and good fun.  So here I am. 

Jim

AKA - The Hubster

Hey... you don't get to go posting ONCE and then just disappear.  I happen to know you're on the computer enough to get your butt back in here and tell everyone how much you appreciated the welcomes.  (BTW, he did and even chuckled at a few of them... although I got a little nervous when I read NELA's... what can of worms did I open by suggesting he get on here!)

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Amy, girl, youse in trouble, now. Gonna have to be on youre tippy toes now so we won't tell.

Nela