Re: Acoustic Guitar Strap

Neck-heavy guitar. The neck sinks if you dont hold it up but a grippy strap helps (e.g. the suede side of a leather one)

27 (edited by Zurf 2014-10-17 20:01:11)

Well Nao - I went up to Gettysburg without you and bought a leather strap for $45.  He even stamped "ZURF" into it for me and added two more adjustments.  It's so nice, I think I'm going to put it on Boomer instead of Tiny.  I have the leather strap thingy, but would like to have a proper button put on the neck.  Send me the info on that local luthier you found. 

Edit to add:
1. You can come here and borrow my tools if you like. 
2. You should come out some time and play.  I'll call Jets60 and Damien101 and UncleJoesBand isn't too far away once you figure out a time we can do it.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Zurf wrote:

Well Nao - I went up to Gettysburg without you and bought a leather strap for $45.  He even stamped "ZURF" into it for me and added two more adjustments.  It's so nice, I think I'm going to put it on Boomer instead of Tiny.  I have the leather strap thingy, but would like to have a proper button put on the neck.  Send me the info on that local luthier you found. 

Edit to add:
1. You can come here and borrow my tools if you like. 
2. You should come out some time and play.  I'll call Jets60 and Damien101 and UncleJoesBand isn't too far away once you figure out a time we can do it.

- Zurf

$45 is something to consider. On playing: thanks for the invite. I will consider this.
dj

Zurf,
Here's the luthier I'm considering. I haven't transacted with him yet but he is responsive to email and his website leaves a good impression.

http://www.arlingtonfretworks.com

dj