Re: Spam

Doug - I don't think your problem is too many video games.  I'm thinking that maybe there's too much of something else going on for that image.  LOL.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I'm getting the same visual.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Well then we are practically neighbors!!   For you folks in the East or perhaps on the other side of the pond...... I used to think nothing of driving down to Alturas on Friday after work to have a sip of Brandy with my Mom & Dad before bedtime.  Yeah I'd stay for most of the weekend, but it's only 307 miles (c, 600Km) to Mom's front porch.

It's a pretty drive over to McCloud from there but rough under a foot of snow!  Ricky, you dodged the Weed inferno in good shape I expect.

We West side Chordians are a wee bit apart it seems.

Thanks;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

29 (edited by Tenement Funster 2014-09-26 11:25:38)

Of course the mention of "Chili Cook Off" brought this classic bit of foolery to mind:

http://profitalist.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/041210homer3.jpg

Tenement Funster wrote:

Of course the mention of "Chili Cook Off" brought this classic bit of foolery to mind:

http://profitalist.com/wp-content/uploa … homer3.jpg

That was a great episode, and with Johnny Cash as a guest star.

I am glad too see I am not the only adult who watches the simsons,they can deliver some good entertainment at times.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Here's another idea.

From what I have read, each mod is limited to certain sections. So my question is; Does every mod have the ability to edit posts in every section? He/She could edit out most of the text and any links. Just leave a few words that mean nothing to anyone. Then when the mod responsible for that section logs on, they can delete it.

unclejoesband wrote:

Here's another idea.

From what I have read, each mod is limited to certain sections. So my question is; Does every mod have the ability to edit posts in every section? He/She could edit out most of the text and any links. Just leave a few words that mean nothing to anyone. Then when the mod responsible for that section logs on, they can delete it.

No only in the forums they are assigned to  only Roger or Per can do that

"Growing old is not for sissies"

That's the reason you'll see a spammer banned, but the post still up. Mods can ban members regardless of which forum the offending post appears in, but we can only edit or delete posts in the forums for which we are responsible.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Doug_Smith wrote:

There ya go Rickyjack..... you got your first imaginary dill pickle from "The Pickle Mistress" herself !!  Like the pickle, the Title is imaginary too.

I just got this awesome visual of Amy in a Tutu running around a meadow whacking Spam TROLLS with a polo mallet that has a giant Gerkin for the head......

Without much coffee in me, I think my brain thinks like one under special concoctions... so I envision a Wizard of Oz type field and the trolls resemble flying monkeys.  LOL! 

I'll take that mallet!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

OH BTW... I'm not sure about ALL of you, but it's been a LONG time since I registered on the forum.  Mekidsdad just joined yesterday, and FYI - new members DO have to verify their email address before they can post in the forums.  So, that's something.  I don't think it was there when I registered a few years ago.  This does help some, I think, with the issues and I'm happy to know our admin has instituted that precaution.  smile

dino48 wrote:

I am glad too see I am not the only adult who watches the simsons,they can deliver some good entertainment at times.

It's filled in where the old school Bugs Bunny Cartoons left off. I'm convinced those were written for adults first. Most of the Bugs Bunny humour wouldn't make sense to kids.

Rickyjack..... another imaginary dill pickle for your amazing reporting this morning!  Looks like you were finishing up the reporting as I was getting on here, dressed in my Tutu to smack the Spam Trolls with my polo mallet (as Doug suggests I might).

Actually, I'm wearing an old Jagermeister T-shirt and sweat pants, drinking my coffee from my Martin mug and having a cigarette.  Seriously, there's a bit to banning, seeing which ones I can delete and which I have to leave for others (and report so they can pick them off), so it's nice when they're all reported before I get here.  Then, I actually get a few minutes to enjoy the site rather than spend all my time reporting AND banning.  smile  THANK YOU SIR!

39 (edited by unclejoesband 2014-11-02 12:52:35)

No spam this morning. Spammers must have off on Sunday. smile

I'm sure everyone gets it but I seem to receive more than my fair share of email spam from the Prince of Nigeria trying to give me millions of dollars. I get one every 3-4 days. Well, last night I decided to have a bit of fun with one of them. Below is the email I received and my response to it.

Central Bank of Nigeria
Tinubu Sqare, P.M.B. 12194
Lagos Nigeria

FROM THE DESK
Mr. Mohamed Adel
Director International payment Department

ATTN:Beneficiary

We are really sorry for the late announcement regarding the CASH delivery of your funds. Your special deliveryman arrived John F. Kennedy International Airport New York United State two days ago with your inheritance cash trunk boxes value US$20million dollars.

I want you to know that you have 24 hours to call him now with this line (914) 412 8430 or email: hamiltonsmith982@yahoo.es , then ask to speak to the diplomatic deliveryman in person of Mr. Hamilton Smith we assigned from Spain to carry out this delivery to avoid any tribulations. Let us know if you are still interested to get your two trunk boxes delivered to you today? As he has been waiting to hear from you to enable him get to your home address without missing his way. For your information, the deliveryman with your package is not aware of the content of the boxes for security purpose.

Please do not tell him to avoid running away with your funds. On no account should you let him know about the content of the consignment to avoid evil intention. Most importantly you are advised to send your full data to him, which include your Full Name, Current Residential Address, Direct Cell Number, and A copy of any identity card to verify that you are the right receiver to avoid mistakes.

Call me as soon as you receive this email for more discussion; my direct line is +234-7065010545. Also reconfirm your full current address and valid phone number to the Delivery officer via his above email address once you receive this email to enable him deliver your cash consignment boxes to your house today without any further delay. Do not to waste his time at the airport please, so that he would not be stranded in any way because he will return if he finds out that you are not doing anything to get him over to your house.

Please accept our apology been silent since the delivery Agent arrived America.

Best regards

Mohamed Adel
Director International payment Department
CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA (CBN)

And here was my reply:

Dear Mr. Hamilton,

It has come to my attention that you have in your possession, 2 trunks that you are consigned to deliver to my home. I am writing to tell you that the trunks contain $20,000,000 (twenty million) U.S. dollars. As I am a very generous person by nature, I would like you to have these trunks. Please take the money and give it to the many people around the world who have so much less than I do. I trust that you will not keep it all for yourself but will do much to improve the lives of the many people in the world who live in poverty. Thank you in advance for the good work you are going to do. You will make many people very happy.

Now I wonder if I'll hear anything back? smile

Good one unclejoe! You had me laughing so loud I woke up the dogs.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Doug_Smith wrote:

There ya go Rickyjack..... you got your first imaginary dill pickle from "The Pickle Mistress" herself !!  Like the pickle, the Title is imaginary too.

I just got this awesome visual of Amy in a Tutu running around a meadow whacking Spam TROLLS with a polo mallet that has a giant Gerkin for the head...... Gotta quit playin' those video games. They'll warp your mind.... Really !!

What part of the Planet you habitate Ricky??

that's a funney visual doug!!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I received a reply to the above post. It appears I ticked someone off.

Here is what I got:

Re: WE THE FBI HAVE A WARRANT TO ARREST YOU

Anti-Terrorist and Monetary Crimes Division
Fbi Headquarters In Washington, D.C.
Federal Bureau Of Investigation
J. Edgar Hoover Building
935 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW Washington, D.C. 20535-0001 Website: www.fbi.gov

Attention, this is the final warning you are going to receive from me do you get me?

I hope youre understand how many times this message has been sent to you?.

We have warned you so many times and you have decided to ignore our e-mails or because you believe we have not been instructed to get you arrested, and today if you
fail to respond back to us with the payment then, we would first send a letter to the mayor of the city where you reside and direct them to close your bank account
until you have been jailed and all your properties will be confiscated by the fbi. We would also send a letter to the company/agency that you are working for so that
they could get you fired until we are through with our investigations because a suspect is not suppose to be working for the government or any private organization.

Your id which we have in our database been sent to all the crimes agencies in America for them to inset you in their website as an internet fraudsters and to warn
people from having any deals with you. This would have been solved all this while if you had gotten the certificate signed, endorsed and stamped as you where
instructed in the e-mail below.this is the federal bureau of investigation (fbi) am writing in response to the e-mail you sent to us and am using this medium to
inform you that there is no more time left to waste because you have been given from the 3rd of January. As stated earlier to have the document endorsed, signed and

stamped without failure and you must adhere to this directives to avoid you blaming yourself at last when we must have arrested and jailed you for life and all your
properties confiscated.

You failed to comply with our directives and that was the reason why we didn't hear from you on the 3rd as our director has already been notified about you get the
process completed yesterday and right now the warrant of arrest has been signed against you and it will be carried out in the next 48hours as strictly signed by the
fbi director. We have investigated and found out that you didn't have any idea when the fraudulent deal was committed with your information's/identity and right now if

you id is placed on our website as a wanted person, i believe you know that it will be a shame to you and your entire family because after then it will be announce in
all the local channels that you are wanted by the fbi. As a good Christian and a honest man, I decided to see how i could be of help to you because i would not be

happy to see you end up in jail and all your properties confiscated all because your information's was used to carry out a fraudulent transactions, i called the efcc

and they directed me to a private attorney who could help you get the process done and he stated that he will endorse, sign and stamp the document at the sum of $98.00

usd only and i believe this process is cheaper for you.

You need to do everything possible within today and tomorrow to get this process done because our director has called to inform me that the warrant of arrest has been
signed against you and once it has been approved, then the arrest will be carried out, and from our investigations we learnt that you were the person that forwarded
your identity to one impostor/fraudsters in Nigeria when he had a deal with you about the transfer of some illegal funds into your bank account which is valued at the
sum of $10.500,000.00 usd.

I pleaded on your behalf so that this agency could give you till 11/17/2014 so that you could get this process done because i learnt that you were sent several e-mail
without getting a response from you, please bear it in mind that this is the only way that i can be able to help you at this moment or you would have to face the law
and its consequences once it has befall on you. You would make the payment through Western Union money transfer with the below details.

NAME: Uzoukwu Okechukwu
ADDRESS: LAGOS NIGERIA
TEXT QUESTION:FOR
ANSWER: YOU
AMOUNT: $98
Senders name======

Send the payment details to me senders name and address,Ref# number, text question and answer used and the amount sent. Make sure that you didn't hesitate
making the payment down to the agency by today so that they could have the certificate endorsed, signed and stamped immediately without any further delay. After all
this process has been carried out, then we would have to proceed to the bank for the transfer of your compensation funds which is valued at the sum of $10.500,000.00
usd which was suppose to have been transferred to you all this while.

Note/ all the crimes agencies have been contacted on this regards and we shall trace and arrest you if you disregard this instructions. You are given a grace today to
make the payment for the document after which your failure to do that will attract a maximum arrest and finally you will be appearing in court for act of terrorism,
money laundering and drug trafficking charges, so be warned not to try any thing funny because you are been watched.

THANKS FOR YOUR CO-OPERATION.

YOURS IN SERVICE,

NEW FBI DIRECTOR.SIR JAMES B.COMEY
NW WASHINGTON,D.C. 20535-0001

Anti-Terrorist and Monetary Crimes Division
Fbi Headquarters In Washington, D.C.
Federal Bureau Of Investigation
J. Edgar Hoover Building
935 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW Washington, D.C. 20535-0001 Website: www.fbi.gov

And my response:

OH NO. The fbi. Please no! *=)) rolling on the floor *=)) rolling on the floor *=)) rolling on the floor

Let me educate you, you stupid fool. Your understanding of the English language is pathetic and your understanding of the criminal justice system is just as bad.

First; fbi is always written as FBI. See how I wrote that? It's all capital letters. Also, The FBI does NOT send an email to a suspected criminal. They do a very quiet investigation and if there is criminal activities discovered, they obtain a warrant and go right to the house of the person. No warning is given via email. If you took the time to look, you would see that the FBI states this fact on their website. A person under investigation will NEVER receive an email from the FBI.

Second; the mayor of a town or city has no authority to close a bank account or to have someone jailed. A warrant needs to be draw up and signed by a judge. After that has been done, a sheriff/constable will execute that warrant. A warrant does not need to be "approved". After a person has been found guilty of a crime, personal property can be confiscated but it depends on the nature of the crime.

Third; I do not work for a company or agency so good luck getting me fired. (I'm self employed) You should also know that a suspect of a crime CAN work for a company until proven guilty in a court of law.

And finally, thank you for informing me of the existence of the EFCC (Economic and Financial Crimes Commission). I did not know this agency existed. I can now forward this email to them so that they may begin their own investigation into your activities.

Have a very nice day. smile

I'm think I'm enjoying this. smile Wonder if I'll hear anything back?

Oh no unclejoe, not the dreaded fbi!  Do you think the cia and the mayor will come knocking on your door?

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

We all know that FBI is the 'Federal Bureau of Investigation' what is not so well know is that the fbi is the 'face book idiots'  lol

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

you shouldn't help them dial in their scam. will make it more realistic and easier to victimize others. sad

I've been getting scam calls from "Microsoft Certified Professional Security Division" lately.   I always direct them to my new address

26 Federal Plaza, 23rd Floor
New York, NY 10278-0004

and ask if they can call me back at my "business number."

(212) 384-1000

That's NY's FBI headquarters.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

47 (edited by dino48 2014-11-19 01:30:57)

Good job ujb!!

Baldguitardude wrote:

you shouldn't help them dial in their scam. will make it more realistic and easier to victimize others. sad

Never thought about it that way. Certainly something to consider.

I amused myself a few times doing the same thing now I just mark it for the spam folders automatically and delete to my delight smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

This was a funny post, and your reply was brilliant.

It reminded me of a question my later father would ask me when I tried to lie to him as a kid.  I'll censor it to remove words that might be offensive.:

"How G-- d-----d dumb do you think I am?"  Fortunately, I was wise enough to recognize it as a rhetorical question, long before I heard the phrase, and never answered the question.:)  The jerk who sent this scam email must have burned out both brain cells, "thinking" that anyone would believe that letter.

I have received similar email and the occasional telephone calls from a scammer who claimed to be calling from "Windows", claiming that my computer has a virus and he was calling to fix it over the phone   Anyone stupid enough to fall for either of these scams almost deserves to be taken to the cleaners..