Topic: Martin Guitar Tuner App

I downloaded the Martin Guitar Tuner app for my iPhone and I've found it to be simple yet handy. Since I almost always carry my phone, I will almost always have this app as a back-up to my clip-on.

It's worth a look.
dj

Re: Martin Guitar Tuner App

One of these days I gotta' get me one of those smart phones. I'm just afraid I'll be too dumb to use it.

Yes, I joined the smart phone club in January. I was resistant but now I'm a believer. It combines so many tools into one small, portable item. And, if needed, you can actually call someone as well!

I've been an avid photographer since middle school and I always carry a camera...everywhere. Curiously, the camera is also now my cellphone.
Dj

Could you give instructions for us Techno retards? I don't even know where to look for Apps.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

deadstring wrote:

Could you give instructions for us Techno retards? I don't even know where to look for Apps.

Look here: http://www.martinguitar.com/martin-tuner

The tuner app is available for the Apple devices and Android devices. It's free and one of the better ones I've used. It even has an ear trainer which, if effective, could cost the tuner app its job!

Good luck,
dj

naolslager wrote:
deadstring wrote:

Look here: http://www.martinguitar.com/martin-tuner

The tuner app is available for the Apple devices and Android devices. It's free and one of the better ones I've used. It even has an ear trainer which, if effective, could cost the tuner app its job!

Good luck,
dj

Evidently it is not an option for my Straight Talk phone but due to your posting I found one that is. Thanks to you I have a tuner when ever I have my phone. Thanks.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

7 (edited by onenarrator 2014-11-28 17:45:52)

nice tuner app.. but it wont let me change freq--- I play at 432 settings not 440..

onenarrator wrote:

nice tuner app.. but it wont let me change freq--- I play at 432 settings not 440..

Best reason in the world to spend a few shillings more to get a full featured tuner.  A majority of the "clip-on" electronic tuners don't allow for such fine tuning and lack a "cents" graduation.

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

I've tried a few of the tuner apps but I keep going back to the Snark. I'll have to try the Martin tuner though

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

10 (edited by naolslager 2014-12-01 14:36:17)

I've owned a few Snark tuners. I like them but I keep giving them away to other players who, amazingly, have never seen an electronic tuner. My current primary tuner is another brand but it works the same. The Martin tuner app is a good backup.

Hey Guys, you can't disagree with Doug_Smith's post that you can't beat a full-featured tuner when practical!

The Martin Tuner app for Android is a real handy tool. It's a little jumpy, but once you know how to work it, the Martin Tuner app (along with a with a good ear) is always available, and does the job while I order a replacement Snark.

Hey, for six-string, which model Snark do YOU guys prefer / recommend??

I've used 2 models of the Snark.  They are definitely convenient, especially in low light or noisy rooms on the Vib setting.  On the Mic setting, it seems like they have trouble "hearing" through white noise, like a fan.  The Vib function on my Snark SN-2, the red one, has stopped working, and it's not due to low-battery.  Have any of you guys seen that happen to a Snark? 

Thnks for the benefit of your experience.

Caesura Dal Segno

~ Play, Rest, Repeat ~

Rest . . . and play it again
D.S.

Caesura Dal Segno wrote:

I've used 2 models of the Snark.  They are definitely convenient, especially in low light or noisy rooms on the Vib setting.  On the Mic setting, it seems like they have trouble "hearing" through white noise,

Caesura Dal Segno

Therein lies the question in my mind about a "phone App" tuner!  We have to remember it is a PHONE, and I doubt that the tiny microphone was ever designed to accurately respond to a range of frequencies above or below that of the human voice.  Ambient noise could be a problem as the statement about it being "jumpy" will attest.  So I would better "trust" what the tuner "hears" through sensing vibration directly rather than otherwise.
Just my $.02

My Guitar (A/E) has a very good tuner built in, My Harmony G pedal has a tuner built in, My amp has a tuner built in, and if all else fails..... I still carry my A440 tuning fork (no electrons needed).

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

ACCURATE TUNNER free for android. lets you pick what key and transposition and sensivity of the phone.  It is pretty darn good.
http://asinulus.com/apps/accurate-tuner/

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)