Re: What kind of guitar do you have?

Gretsch 6120 Nashville (Brian Setzer Signiture Model) This is my favorite, sounds brilliant plugged in or not.
Fender Telecaster (made in the good old USA), I keep this one in open G tuning for that Keith Richards Sound.
Epiphone Viola bass, re-create the sound of the sixties.
Jasmine Electro-Acoustic (very loud when plugged in)

I have a Tanglewood Tomkat Electric and Epiphone Skunk Baxter Electro Acoustic.  I really like the Tanglewood, but not so keen on the acoustic - the tone is a little too trebley for my liking...I would like to replace it but good guitars cost a lot....

I have also just bought a Blue Moon Ukulele (very cheap - bought just for fun!).  I also have a Tanglewood Resonator but I cannot remember the name of it.

Stu

'Keep on rockin' in the free world!!'

An Epiphone special edition 2

29 (edited by JohnnieBG 2007-07-26 15:21:53)

I have a Terada 6 string acoustic
             A newly purchased Monterey 12 string acoustic (love the sound of it)
             and an SG copy 6 string electric cherry red colour (as in my sig)

My life is brilliant... Of this I'm sure.

A 86 Squier Stratocaster, a fairly new

Yamaha APX5 Elektroacoustic which is a great piece for it's price

and the same as a 12 String (APX5-12) which doesn't sound that good for a 12 String, is really hard to play for me, but I got it in absolute mint condition at about half it's retail price on ebay. Maybe as I progress, I'll learn to make it sing. smile

My Agile Silverburst Les Paul Custom (Reon).
*love*

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/445/myguitarij3.th.jpg
http://img511.imageshack.us/my.php?imag … tarij3.jpg

=]
Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

Gibson Les Paul Standard electric
Epiphone acoustic 12 string
B.C. Rich Bitch NG series electric
Godin Acousticastor electric nylon string
Harmony Stratotone electric
Harmony Stella acoustic
Hofner 6 string acoustic
Custom made guitar with wood inlays of the Celtic Dragon on the body - Fender Strat setup

and I still don't know how to play....

Fender acoustic

You have to forget about what other people say; when you're supposed to die, when you're supposed to be lovin'. You have to forget about all these things. You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.
                                                        -James Marshall Hendrix

I have had a Taylor big baby for some time and I think it is absolutely brilliant, I have also just bought a Martin DM (like two days ago) and so far I am not that impressed with it. I know I should have tried before I bought but nobody local had one ( I had been told they are good) so I bought one online. It may be that I just need to get used to it.

song:
what guitar do you play ay ay yeh
is it for you or your girl a a ah
yes I love, yes I love you both, when away ay ay eh.
Start in a bluesy style, E7  A7  B7.
I think, nobody did probably notice teh "place of the topic", and if it belongs in another section, it should be there. I didn't notice.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Honey blonde Fender Highway 1 American Telecaster, quite new.
Samick Acoustic, cheap but good.

There is a guy on my block who lives for rock, he plays records day and night, and when he feels down he puts the rock and roll on and it makes him feel alright. - The Kinks, Rock And Roll Fantasy

I have my junk plastered on my signature below...but I'll write 'em down again here, because it's so fun...

Gibson Les Paul Studio (black):  Customized - Removed the Hum-cancellers off the pick-ups, removed gold hardware and replaced with black chrome (bridge, tail-piece).  Replaced bridge pup with a Dimarzio Super Distortion, custom pick guard(s), custom set-up.

Schecter C1 Hellraiser (black cherry) - (no Floyd Rose).

Breedlove Atlas series 6-string acoustic.

Takamine G-series 12-string acoustic/electric.

Gibson Les Paul Studio (customized) * Epiphone Zakk Wylde Custom Les Paul "Camo" * Breedlove 6-string acoustic * Takamine 12-string acoustic/electric * Line 6 Spider III 212 150 * Line 6 FBV Shortboard * New tight skin-toned colored Spandex and matching thong *
big_smile

a Gibson j-45 acoustic and I'm just learning to play

I play a Ibanez vintage 12 string acoustic, yamaha Jumbo acoustic, Pearl SG Copy from 196´, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratfrom 1972, Johnson Dobro and I try to play them every day.

Let

40 (edited by gibson59 2007-08-06 14:42:51)

I have a 1964 Gibson ES-335TD, Cherry Finish and a 1965 Gibson LG1 Flattop and am the original owner of both.

Epiphone Black Beauty

I play and collect guitars as well. So an acoustic bunch:
- Gibson Hummingbird (early 60ties), the same other colour 90ties, Gibson Dove (early 60ties), Gibson Montana Gold SJ-200, Martin D-1 -12, Martin D-15, Martin D-16 (electro-acoustic), Martin Backpacker, Martin HD-28, Martin D-45.
- Electric: Fender stratocaster 1964 (original), reissue 1952 Fender Telecaster California Beach (only available in limited edition in Europe), PRS EG 1, EG 2, EG 3 (US made 1990-1992), PRS SE Tremonti (KOREA, but better than most other electric, and a lot cheaper than the real) Gibson Faded Flying V, Gibson SG Menace, Gibson LP supreme, 2 Gibson Les Paul Custom, Variax 700, Burns 2x6 12 string electric.
I can open a store probably,

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

I currently strum away on a Westfield Goldtop Les Paul Replica and a Bell & Head Extreme Headless model with Floyd Rose. I Also own (but will not play because i'm too scared to play it until i am worthy of playing it) a Cherry Burst Gibson Les Paul that my dad currently fiddles about with up in Scotland and a Gretsch TW100 signed by all the members of the Travelling Wilbury's.

Nathan

I play a 1984 Ibanez AE acoustic and a worn brown Les Paul Studio.  I love both of them equally.

My guitars: Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogony and Ibanez AE40 TEL acoustic.
My equipment: Peavey 100w combo (198?) and an ancient (1970's?) Crate 100w combo. A PODxt.

I have just added 2 new guitars to my collection. A Martin D-42 and a Natioal Resonator (steel body)

what a long strange trip it's been

I have an Ashbury x100 (im not sure) acoustic.

I play an acoustic Marina (bird-eye maple top) Mexcican Fender Tele (Tex Mex 3 pick-ups) Ibanez RoadstarII (1987) and  Yamaha RBX 300 (bass)

I currently have a Taylor 615CE and an Alvarez BP80 which is my travel guitar.

I have owned, a Taylor 414CE with the Fishman PU, a Taylor Baby for my kids, at Taylor 814CE, and an Aria Sinsonido travel guitar.

I will not buy anything but Taylors in the future.

I love the way they play and sound, and the ES is the best pick-up system on the market.

Combine the 615CE with my Bose L1 sound system, and there is nothing better.

Gordy ( o)==:::
[url=http://www.myspace.com/thekingscourt4u]www.myspace.com/thekingscourt4u[/url]
[url=http://www.taylorguitars.com]www.taylorguitars.com[/url]
[url=http://www.bose.com/musicians]www.bose.com/musicians[/url]

Ive gotten myself an Alvarez AD60SCBK. Its a nice shiny black and plays like a dream!

What a great day this has been!  I thought i'd share my good fortune with everyone.  I walked into my favorite pawn shop and saw a Parkwood pw310m hanging there.  asking price was only $279.  This guitar sells of $499 on sale at guitar center.  Well, i asked the guy if he'd take $150.  he said no. He came back with $185!!! I've been playing the thing all day.  it was near perfect -- just like new.  I have wanted one of these since the salesman at guitar center tried selling me one.  he gave it a pretty big buildup, and it sounds and looks like a pretty good quapity guitar.  measures up well against my others.

I add this new acquisition to my collection.  I've got an Epiphone AJ-500 masterbuilt i bought from musicians friend on a "scratch & dent" sale for only $382 including case and shipping (sells for $699)  Came through perfect without a mark on it.

I did buy my Martin DM retail, on sale for $749.  But i wish i had found these other deals 1st.

my original -- handed down from my grandfather who taught me to play, is a 1946 Gibson j45.  all i can say is -Sweet

and for a junker to throw in the trunk and take to the beach i've got an epiphone aj-10 -- it's just ok.

had an ovation and another martin in the past - got rid of them.