Topic: RIP Joe Cocker

more sad news, one of the most distinctive voices of recent times, Joe Cocker, passed away (i think) today aged 70. he made his name with "help from my friends" and more recently "up where we belong"

RIP Joe

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: RIP Joe Cocker

Sad news indeed. RIP Joe.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Leave your hat on. RIP Joe. I wore out a couple of his 8 tracks in the day! Great talent.

R.I.P. Joe,this guy was great he had a fantastic Power Voice. He will be missed.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

He had the best rock and roll scream in the business.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I heard this this morning. Pretty young really

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

One eclectic performer !  Very iconic voice. RIP Joe.

Joe

Lost another good one. That gravely voice is awesome.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Sad news RIP Joe

"Growing old is not for sissies"

zguitar wrote:

Lost another good one.

And it's only going to get more frequent. sad

Good Night Joe. RIP

unclejoesband wrote:
zguitar wrote:

Lost another good one.

And it's only going to get more frequent. sad

Good Night Joe. RIP

Yup all the classic rockers are getting to our age and...... dropping like flies.

Kinda makes you glad you didn't totally waste your youth on sex, drugs, and rock'n roll don't it?

But we'll miss him anyway.

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

R.I.P. Mr. Joe Cocker.

Only got to see him once, and it was only brief. He was opening for Nazareth at the old Halifax Forum, probably sometime around 1977 or 1978. He was very drunk, and had been battling some inner troubles apparently. After a couple of poorly done songs and shouting obscenities at everyone, his roadies took him off stage. The event promoter apologized, and Nazareth was underway before long. Joe was a landmark contributor to the blues genre, and I wish I had better memories of him than this one.

I remember the first time I heard Joe Cocker. It was 2001 and I was probably 35, sitting in my little apartment watching the Woodstock: 3 Days of Peace & Music video. I was transfixed when he took the stage, undeniably British-looking, his hair wild and his bellbottoms perfectly broken in. More than 30 years after the fact, his performance was still electrifying, and I was instantly hooked.
R.I.P. Mr. Joe Cocker.

Unsolicited Advertising on Chordie is Forbidden

Joe Cocker - Woodstock 1969   - CLASSIC !! 

All the emotion of Peace and love in his song.

A unique talent for sure.

Rock the Heavens Joe !

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke