Topic: Murphy's Law in action - 41st Wedding Anniversary

Today Jennifer and I have been married 41 years.  The plan was to celebrate the way we normally do - spend a couple days at a State park lodge here in Ohio or one of the neighboring states.  This year we planned to stay at Blackwater State Park lodge in West Virginia - or at least that was the plan until Murphy's Law kicked in. 

She has been wanting to "spruce up" the kitchen a little so I ordered new counter tops for our kitchen cabinets, a new range hood, new sink and the garbage disposal she has always wanted.  I thought I'd be done over the weekend and we would be sitting around the fireplace at the lodge this evening. The lumber yard called Friday to let me know the counter tops we ordered wouldn't be in until Sunday.  On Saturday I installed the range hood and began working on running wire and a switch for the disposal.  I needed to remove the dishwasher to access the wiring - that's when I found that the supply line to the dishwasher had been leaking and water had been running under the "floating" kitchen floor I installed a few years back. On Sunday, after driving to town to pick up the new counter tops,  I removed a couple of the base cabinets and some of the flooring to see how extensive the water damage was, then some more flooring and cabinets until finally all the cabinets and half of the kitchen floor was removed.  Didn't get to bed until 2 AM and spent today running a dehumidifier and applying ant-mold agents to ensure everything is fine once I begin putting everything back together.  Jen and I were laughing this morning about having an anniversary breakfast of toast and cold cereal eaten off of paper plates and bowls because we don't have a stove hooked up to cook anything or a sink to wash dishes,  I'm sure glad she has a sense of humor. On one of my runs into town to get plumbing supplies I bought her a card and a bouquet of flowers  - with the way our luck is running the flowers will be dead by morning.  Oh yeah, we can also look forward to single digit temps and snow the next few days. smile

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Re: Murphy's Law in action - 41st Wedding Anniversary

Dirty Ed wrote:

Jen and I were laughing this morning about having an anniversary breakfast of toast and cold cereal eaten off of paper plates and bowls because we don't have a stove hooked up to cook anything or a sink to wash dishes,  I'm sure glad she has a sense of humor.

DE

That sir is exactly why you are celebrating 41 years of togetherness!

May you have many more, Congratulations!

Doug & Janet  (35 and counting)

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

You'll get your lodge trip. Sounds like you've got your priorities right.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Thanks Doug and Zurf.

BTW Doug, how's the excitement level out your way for the upcoming Bucks & Ducks football game?

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

You gotta do what you gotta do.  As long as Jen's still smiling, I'd say you're doing all right DE!  smile  In the end, it's not about the stuff you buy, or the romantic endeavors, it's about the time you guys take to show us how much you care... even if that time is directly related to tearing floors up and reducing mold spores.  smile  Laughing together is the key!  Hugs to you and Jen and a very Happy Anniversary!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Congrat's, Ed. 41 years of marriage is a good thing. And just think of all the rewards that will be coming your way once the "new" kitchen is put together. Just a thought, go out tonight and get you a bucket of fried chicken, do a google search and find you a "fireplace" app for you cell phone, turn the kitchen lights way down low, place the cell phone with the "fireplace" app on the kitchen table right between them paper plates, pop the top on a nice box of wine - it don't anymore romantical than that. Enjoy.

Nela

Many congrats to you & your dear wife, Ed! Sounds like you're both still enjoying the adventure, so many more happy years are definitely ahead.

Congratulations and good luck to you and your wife Ed.

Thick as two short planks

congrats ed!!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Many more happy years Ed

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.