Re: CHORDIESTOCK III - 3/13/15 - 3/15/15 - save the date!

Zurf wrote:

2013 pics: http://zurf.smugmug.com/Music/Chordiest … ;k=7cpz5dm

I guess I haven't got around to making a 2014 album yet.  It's only been 10 months.  Get off my back.

Before you delve into the 2014 album, how about a label for pic #25. I believe you are 2nd from the left. Who is everyone else?

52 (edited by Doug_Smith 2015-01-10 04:54:46)

unclejoesband wrote:
Zurf wrote:

2013 pics: http://zurf.smugmug.com/Music/Chordiest … ;k=7cpz5dm

I guess I haven't got around to making a 2014 album yet.  It's only been 10 months.  Get off my back.

Before you delve into the 2014 album, how about a label for pic #25. I believe you are 2nd from the left. Who is everyone else?

Is this a quiz?  I'll try!

L to R:
Normtheguitar
Zurf
Topdown
Southpaw41L
Wlbaye

Just guessin' though, I wasn't there.  On the bucket list.

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

^Good guessing Doug - you got them exactly correct

http://zurf.smugmug.com/Music/Chordiestock-2013/i-Qt2GHGK/0/XL/P1090391-XL.jpg

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

54 (edited by unclejoesband 2015-01-10 13:58:00)

Thanks Doug. No, not a quiz.

If mother nature favors me by keeping the snow way to our north, I'm pretty sure I'm going to make the trip south. This event just looks like too much fun to pass by. I haven't play with a group of people for a looooong time and the folks here on chordie seem like a great bunch. smile It will be nice to have some idea who's who ahead of time.

Wait a minute!  Who are those people?

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Ok, this is officially on my bucket list.  Maccafan and I have a jam tomorrow, and maybe we can start planning for next year.  Any SoCal strummers interested in a West Coast event?

Zurf wrote:

Wait a minute!  Who are those people?

Body snatchers? Pod people? Borg in waiting?

SouthPaw41L wrote:

The previous 2 were a blast but I'm thinkin' this 'un's gonna be legendary !

It does keep getting better that for sure - next year I might need a bigger yard!

Looking back, there were 5 of us at  Chordiestock I, plus maybe a few locals joined in at the LBP. Last year (chordestock II), there were 8 chordians plus 4 or 5 local friends (plus spouses).

As of now, I count 13 chordians (including 4 newbies), plus 10 or so non-chordie friends who should be here. Throw in the spattering of spouses / non-pickers and we are pushing a party of 30!  Can't wait!

8 weeks from now we should be starting the fun!

Topdown ...

Is that a "Rainsong" or "Composite Acoustics" all-carbon guitar you're holding? I've never seen one personally, and have been very curious about their sound. You like it?

topdown wrote:

8 weeks from now we should be starting the fun!

Jeff, did you get my email?

unclejoesband wrote:
Roger Guppy wrote:

It would be 4300 miles (7,000Km) from me. That is an awfully long swim. lol

Roger

Probably be a world record. I say go for it. smile

OK I have bought some swimming trunks and started taking lessons. I can now get from one end of the pool to the other (as long as I start at the deep end so I can stand if I don't quite make it). I wonder how long it will take me and when should I start swimming to get there on time?

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

TF - That guitar is a Composite Acoustic and I love it. Come on down and give it a strum sometime!

UncleJoe - I didn't get your email. I just sent you one - please respond

Roger - It's a pretty long swim. I recommend you get one of these

http://cdn.mos.musicradar.com/images/Product%20News/Guitar/jan09/guitar-boat-josh-pyke-630-80.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-TsiQf3_spTA/UkLdg6DU3xI/AAAAAAAAACM/fRCtdd56Qaw/s1600/smiley-small.jpg

Great looking boat jeff!!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

OK folks - I've been thinking of the schedule for this year and could use your input. I figure Friday and Saturday will be the same as years past. Maybe a beach Jam Friday night, then hitting a local pub or restaurant followed by a casual jam at my place - mostly for the travelers. Saturday will be the main event - all day / night jam ay my place - this year on the back porch and yard.

Sunday is the change up. As there is no more London Bus Pub, we have no plans for the day - I'm happy just continuing the jam here, but I'm sure others might like to explore the area a bit while they are in town. Toney is now playing a Sunday gig at a great venue on the water a few miles up the road and I thought it would be fun to go see him - he starts at 6:00.  So Sunday afternoon - what is everyone's preference? Everyone can just do their own thing - head to the beach, whatever. We can Jam here again. There are multiple boating / fishing options - all day or 1/2 day fishing charters - in or off-shore. I found a place that rents party / pontoon boats - they have a 25' pontoon that sits 17 for  about $65 per hour -that might be fun. Probably could do some fishing, strumming and sightseeing for a very reasonable cost.

So let me know your thoughts - If there is enough interest in the boat rental, I'll go ahead and reserve it. Couple of links:

Boat rentals  http://www.dolphinmarinerentals.com/index.html

John's Pass - a mile down the road - fishing charters, waverunners, parasailing, touristy type shops and restaurants http://www.johnspass.com/

I would love to see Toney performing, if I do not drown swimming over. lol

Roger

I'd be up for a boat ride and would kick in a few bucks towards it.

Watching Toney work while we sip adult beverages by the sea is appealling.  I guess it depends on where Roscoe is...

If anyone would like to try kayaking, I'd be willing to give an intro lesson. It would have to be very intro because I've only paddled open water like that twice. I have spent many hours paddling rivers and used to be a real canoe instructor.

Finally, if you've got a grill at your house Topdown, I'm willing to make up some hot wings now that LBP is just in our memories.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Jeff, SteveO here from O-Town.  Tommy Boy and I are in for this gig!  Love to pitch up a tent in the back yard and spend the weekend, if that's kosher...  If we need to grab a hotel room, let me know something close by...  Gotta get back a pickin'!

SteveO - you and Tommy Boy are welcome to pitch a tent in the backyard. Hotel Rooms are pretty pricey this time of year (as you know). The yard isn't very big, but it should fit 3 or 4 tents without a problem.

Zurf - Of course I have a grill - that's a silly question - both charcoal and gas. I plan on making a big pot of Gumbo and maybe a brisket (or some other large hunk of meat) on Saturday - wings on Friday or Sunday for lunch sounds good to me!

deadstring wrote:

14hrs 36min or 957.3 miles whichever comes first. Not out of the question since I'm not working(my choice) right now. What a 72nd. birthday(3-21-15)present to self it could be. Can't commit right now but will confirm one way or the other as time gets closer.  Will stay in tent in the area if possible.I can play guitar or mandolin equally as bad.Prefer to travel with mandolin.

Well it looks like I am going to have to pass on this one.i had my hopes up but not to be. Hoping it will be a great one and lots of fun for all.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

I'd love to come, guys, but being new to a meet I have to ask: Where will this be? We've been to Panama City Beach and Ft. Walton. Would it be in that area, because there's a chance we could make it. Just a chance, but it would sure give me something to look forward to, being the recluse that I am. I think I'd feel really comfortable surrounded by guys and ladies with "axes". smile

Thanks!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

74 (edited by siggi56 2015-01-21 16:41:13)

"Roger - It's a pretty long swim. I recommend you get one of these"

Margarator, I just had to save this pic! I hope it's okay. It's awesome!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

^^Bill - This is held in Madeira Beach. Right across the bridge from St. Petersburg in the Tampa Bay area. Not really close to Panama City or Ft. Walton, but I hope you can make it anyway!