Re: Your Weather

Here in Western Kentucky we traditionally have hot summers and cool mild winters but, last summer was mild 
and so was winter until about six weeks ago, then it got cold, was 18 degrees f this morning with snow storm moving in. Weather people say we can expect 8 to 12 inches of the stuff. folks we don't have snow removal equipment so if that happens all government offices, Schools and such will be closed. We live in a well insulated home I built about 17 years ago. This too shall pass!

We started out with 4F this morning. Made it all the way up to 12F with a lovely 15mph breeze. Forecast is for -5F overnight tonight.

Got both wood stoves running for this crap.

WOW,, Opened the door this morning to meet a wall of snow, covering the whole door, shovel time... 

badeye   cool

one caper after another

After spending the morning out with the snowblower and shovel, I found a VW Golf under the snow (my wife's) and not long after my own VW Jetta. Both are diesels, and both started with the first turn of the key. They were completely buried, and I thought afterwards what a great commercial this would make for VW. I can't recall seeing this much snow accumulation in the past 10 years here ... absolutely foolish.

Feeling guilty

http://static.baynews9.com/images/wx/bn9/lg_24hr.jpg

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Snowing up here on the ridge already, with up to a foot of snow predicted from this storm. All the usual preparations have been taken in case of power outages, sometimes it takes a week or more for the power company to make it out to us. I love living in the mountains.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

I was on the edge between the Piedmont and the Blue Ridge in Virginia.  The piedmont had essentially no snow.  Up the eastern side of the first foothill to the Skyline Drive entry only to find that the west slope of the same hill was coated in ice and Skyline Drive was closed.  Very sharp demarcation of where snow fell in the Old Dominion this past weekend. 

We're expecting some nastiness, but it all depends on the model you look at as to what we'll get here in the northern tip of the state.  All the models show that Bluejeep's area is supposed to get ugly, though. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Topdown we are getting into the lower 70 degree range here in California. I feel for the members in the snow areas.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

topdown wrote:

Feeling guilty

No you're not!  smile

unclejoesband wrote:
topdown wrote:

Feeling guilty

No you're not!  smile

I do! I wish I could share it with all my snow-bound fellow chordians. Until next month, all I can share is a picture smile (from just a few minutes ago)

https://scontent-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/11001913_10206037104516836_6633446282795124447_n.jpg?oh=5c7e273cfbaa04eb5f78647e5cf04c18&oe=555A2180

Topdown ... don't feel guilty! We'd be flaunting it if we could, but here's what we're dealing with:

https://fasab.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/snow-snow-snow.jpg

My wife and I are coming to stay with you, at least until the end of March! (LOL)

topdown wrote:
unclejoesband wrote:
topdown wrote:

Feeling guilty

No you're not!  smile

I do! I wish I could share it with all my snow-bound fellow chordians. Until next month, all I can share is a picture smile (from just a few minutes ago)

https://scontent-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot … e=555A2180

Still hating you (but just a little bit).

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

Tenement Funster wrote:

Topdown ... don't feel guilty! We'd be flaunting it if we could, but here's what we're dealing with:

https://fasab.files.wordpress.com/2013/ … w-snow.jpg

My wife and I are coming to stay with you, at least until the end of March! (LOL)

LOL that still has me laughing T.F.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Tenement Funster wrote:

https://fasab.files.wordpress.com/2013/ … w-snow.jpg

We get winters like that ever 10-12 years. Last one was '07-'08 so I guess we're due soon.

13F right now. We're on the northern edge of Zurf's storm. Might see 2"

Didn't get much snow yesterday, only about 3" in my area so I figure we're pretty lucky.  Checked temps this morning and at 8 am it  was -12F (with wind chill probably around -25). At least I won't have to go outside and shovel snow.

Looks like a good day for some pickin'/writin'.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

https://www.facebook.com/novascotiawx/p … mp;theater

my road,,,  badeye   cool

one caper after another

badeye wrote:

https://www.facebook.com/novascotiawx/p … mp;theater

my road,,,  badeye   cool

I always knew Canadians were friendly and helpful folks!  Then again that could be all the "car-pool" members trying to get to work.  Personally I never have had to dig any of my cars out of a snowbank, and would not see the purpose of extracting my car just to go nowhere..... it's not like we have a surplus of plows here in the "banana belt", so the roads would still not be driveable.

Just to toss a little salt into the wound..... Sunny and around 65F yesterday at the beach.  Clear, Sunny and expected to be close to that through Thursday.

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

68 (edited by Tenement Funster 2015-02-17 21:09:11)

A tip of the hat to the snow clearing crews and emergency workers here in the Valley. Looking a bit better today, with roads starting to get opened even if many are just one lane for the moment:

http://rstorage.filemobile.com/storage/21711538/1085

I will get a few pics up later on for ya, but it resembles the other snowy scenes.  Someone almost pulled into the snowmobile trail near my house that crosses the main road, thinking it was my driveway the other day. 

Badeye, I love the hockey stick shovels!!!!!!!!!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Made it through the last snow, only got about 10 inches, but won't be getting down the mountain for at least a week. More snow is coming - hoping it won't amount to much. It's supposed to get very cold for the next few days. The deer are getting settled in behind the house trying to stay comfortable, I was watching them as I washed the breakfast dishes.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Oscar Mayers Weinermobile did some spinning in the snow and cold areas around all snow area. I do not know if It got into a wreck or got damaged.

OK folks - I know I have been bragging about the weather here in The Sunshine State, but we are even getting a taste of winter this week. It's nothing like my friends up north are dealing with, but we are expecting highs in the 40's tomorrow with lows tomorrow night near freezing! I haven't seen freezing temps since I've lived here - I have to search through the boxes in my attic for socks! Even worse, I have fresh tomato and pepper plants in the ground and may lose them if the temp gets below 32 for too long. Yikes!

No worries - back to the 70's this weekend smile

Oh my gosh Jeff!  You may need to go buy a pair of pants, and some socks.

It was like a Currier and Ives painting this morning when I went our with the snow blower and shovel to clear my driveway.  About 6" of new snow- not enough to create a big problem as snowplows have been keeping the roads clear.  It might sound odd to all the warm weather lovers, but I dearly love winter weather like we're currently having in our area - temps in the 20's during the day and just enough snow to create a winter wonderland. 

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Zurf wrote:

Oh my gosh Jeff!  You may need to go buy a pair of pants, and some socks.

You have no idea how much I hate wearing pants when I am not working - It's miserable I'm telling ya!