1 (edited by NELA 2015-03-13 16:20:24)

Topic: What's wrong with this picture

This is not meant to disrespect, harm or cause issues with anyone but;

Last night, after my wife got home from work, she wanted to go out and eat some Chinese food. There is a local Chinese resturant in our hometown that we used to go too all the time so we decided to go there. We we got there, walked in and found everything was clean, bright, friendly with had a nice crowd. We were seated, ordered our drinks and then proceeded directly to the buffet. While strolling down the line looking at the General Poa's chicken, fried rice and the egg drop soup there was a big ole pan of Enchilada's. Then there was a few dishes of stir fry veggies and right next to them was a big platter of tortilla's. When we got down to the sauce's and discovered we could get some Hot Mistard, Salsa or Pico de Gallo to go on our egg rolls. After going back to our table and eating a few bites we found everything to be VERY good. While we were enjoying our meal I happened to look up and guess what I saw - a Hispanic chef making the Sushi! Now, I won't touch Sushi with YOUR chopsticks much less mine but I just had to say - SOMETHING'S WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE.

All things considered, the meal was very good and after we got home  no one got the squirts or had to go to the bathroom to call RALPH. Would we go back and eat there? YEAH, it was good food and good service.

NELA

Re: What's wrong with this picture

Just goes to show they have a good kitchen!  One of the hallmarks of a great Chef is the ability to blend different things to come up with surprising variations of texture and flavor. 

Ran into an interesting variation of a Thai recipe once that caught me off guard.  Some kind of white fish (tarpon?) poached in coconut milk, glazed with a citrus sauce very much like a mix of grapefruit and orange with a touch of salt and sprinkled with a bit of fresh chopped lemon basil.....Yum
!!

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Nela I worked in resturants when I was a teenager and we had a chef from Hawaii and then got one from Italy. I have seen Mexican cooks in a couple of Chinese places,so it is not strange ay all.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

we used to holiday quite a bit in Turkey and seeing a turkish chef in a chinese or indian restaurant is a bit weird, but who cares as long as the food is good?

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

I have to agree that finding Mexican food sitting alongside Chinese food is very strange.  It's becoming the "norm" up here in the Chinese Buffets though.  I feel your confusion there for sure NELA!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Call it fusion and take another trip around the buffett.  You sure made it sound tasty.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude