Topic: Epiphone or Fender ?

I am looking to buy an electric guitar. I have played both the fender standard HSS strat, and the Epiphone LP Standard plus. I can not make up my mind. I value any and all opinions. Please help.

Re: Epiphone or Fender ?

Probably be best if you take some more time and find out which you personally prefer

Good luck

You have to forget about what other people say; when you're supposed to die, when you're supposed to be lovin'. You have to forget about all these things. You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.
                                                        -James Marshall Hendrix

I don't think you can go wrong with either one...surely one appeals to you a bit more than the other...

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

If the strat is American,
go for it.
Mexican, maybe.
If it's a squire,
then definately go for the
Epiphone.

Good luck!

There is a guy on my block who lives for rock, he plays records day and night, and when he feels down he puts the rock and roll on and it makes him feel alright. - The Kinks, Rock And Roll Fantasy

5 (edited by Kahuna 2007-07-30 21:07:55)

I have an Epiphone LP Studio and it's been a great guitar (for the money) so far.  After it was set up, the action is now very smooth and effortless.  Barre chords seem to work very well here too.  If you like a more jazz-like, warmer, tone, LP is your choice.  I also like the sound of a strat as well.  However, with a good tube amplifier or pedal, the strat sound can be attained. 

Of course, the strat is also much lighter than the Epi.  Mine is about 17 pounds.  Good luck!

jcellini wrote:

I am looking to buy an electric guitar. I have played both the fender standard HSS strat, and the Epiphone LP Standard plus. I can not make up my mind. I value any and all opinions. Please help.

If I had to choose it would be the strat (American). If it was a choice between a squire or an epi i would buy the epi. But I would first look at the Michael Kelly line of LP type guitars.

Bootlegger.