Re: Surgery tomorrow

Just got back from seeing the Cardio surgeon who removed the blood clot from my left leg and placed the Green Filter in my heart and got a good report. BUT, I was told that the last CT scan I had showed that I do have another blood clot behind my right knee. That's why my right leg was hurting so during my last emergency room visit. For now, it's wait and see what happens. Right now nothing is blocked and blood is flowing as it should. The doctor just said I need to excercise (walk) but be careful (?????huh). If I started having pain in my leg, arm or chest I was to get to the hospital ASAP.  Ain't that a kick in the butt?

Nela

Well it sounds like good news, everything's working, nothing blocked. Just take things easy NELA, but somehow I just dont think thats your style.

Thick as two short planks

Nela you have really had a bad year I do hope you get all rebuilt soon!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

You've been in a l-o-n-g battle, my friend. We sincerely hope the worst is pass, and that you can now make steadily-paced progress towards recovery.

55 (edited by NELA 2015-07-21 14:57:52)

Got up for a walk this morning at daylight and decided to go for a walk before it got too hot. The walk was for about a quarter of a mile and by the time I got home I was not feeling well. I came in the house, pull off all my clothes and got into the shower. After letting the cool water travel up and down my naked body I began to feel a little better. After the shower I went into the kitchen and made a pot of coffee then sat in my reclyner and took my blood pressure - it was 93 / 44 and my heart rate was 68. Now I know why I wasn't feeling good. I retook my blood pressure 30 minutes later and it was 101 / 51 and my heart rate was 67. So now I think I'll just sit here and drink coffee.

Nela

NELA wrote:

Got up for a walk this morning at daylight and decided to go for a walk before it got too hot. The walk was for about a quarter of a mile and by the time I got home I was not feeling well. I came in the house, pull off all my clothes and got into the shower. After letting the cool water travel up and down my naked body I began to feel a little better. After the shower I went into the kitchen and made a pot of coffee then sat in my reclyner and took my blood pressure - it was 93 / 44 and my heart rate was 68. Now I know why I wasn't feeling good. I retook my blood pressure 30 minutes later and it was 101 / 51 and my heart rate was 67. So now I think I'll just sit here and drink coffee.

Nela

Um, NELA... I think that may just be way too low.  Like, way way too low.  Did they give you any ideas on where it should be and what you should do if it gets low?  After all that activity, I would expect your BP to be high.  Low after activity sounds wayyyy wrong.  sad  Maybe give them a call and chat about that, huh?  smile  Take care of yourself.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Goodness, what a difficult patch you've been in.  I hope you're on the easy side of it.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

My goodness.

Keep hanging tough - we're all thinking about you and sending good juju!

We can beat them just for one day
We can be heroes just for one day

RIP Bowie

MKM, not sure if it's the A-Fib or some other heart conditiion but this has been going on for some time. My resting heart rate has always been in the high 40's to the low 50's. Since the A-Fib, anytime my heart rate goes up my blood pressure goes down. I just have to be careful and take things slow. As ya'll know I try to be active but what I used to do with ease now takes several day's. I'm alright mowing as long as I'm sitting on my tractor or on my zero turn. I just am not able to change out the equipment or weed eat. I planted a garden, again thts year, and it made a good crop but I wasn't able to work it as I shoud. When I plowed and made up the rows that was tractor work but fertilizing and planting was done by hand.  I was only able to do 1 or 2 row's per day because of this condition. When things got too big in the garden to plow I just could not handle the tiller and, due to this, the weeds took everything over. Also, due to my recent surgery and other complications I had to depend on my wile and others to get everything pick and put up in the freezer.
i just went and bought me a boat but I have to get someone else to go with me to help launch the boat and then load it back in the trailor when we are ready to come home. Some of the launch ramps are long and steep and it gets hard for me to walk up them. Now I don't feel useless but what I used to do quickly now take me all day (or night) to do. Sometimes that ain't a bad thing. What really chaps my butt, though, is to have to ask for help. Being a grown man, with hair in all the right places. (I did get a hair cut when I had my surgery, though) it's hard to ask for help. Kinda goes against the grain.

Now having said all that, my normal BP runs very close to 120 / 80. I keep it checked at least twice per day.  This mornings BP reading was 111 / 79 which is very good. I have nothing planned for today other than a Doctors appointment at noon. Other than that, since it will be near 100 degree's today, it's reclyner time.

Nela