Topic: describing yourself thru a song

I dont know if i will participate but James' last song just made me think of this.
Everyone write a song desrcibig themsleves in 4 verses.

1st verse, describe your looks
2nd verse, personallity
3rd, bad habits
4th good hoabits.

chorus to be everything

i reckon this might be hard to do, but  iam going to watch big brother now, so i have no time to do this, lol

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Re: describing yourself thru a song

I like this idea and shall give it a whirl - or, maybe I'll describe my imaginary friend?  Seriously though - good idea!

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

OK, Ken - This is me in four verses with chorus.

Self Portrait in Four VersesJames McCormick, July 31, 2007

6/8 time

(v1: Looks)

I got a [G]grin like a scribble by a [C]kid with a twitch

Got a [G]hairline eroding like dirt in a [D]ditch

My [G]back and my knees are [C]going amiss

And my [D]waistline displays my [C]domestic [G]bliss

[D]How did I last this [C]long, I can't [G]say

[G]Must have been luck that got me this [D]way

[G]How did I last this [C]long, I don't know

Ap-[D]parently evolution is [C]no beauty [G]show

(v2: Personality)

My [G]confidence is something that's [C]never well hid

I'm a [G]goofy old nerd, I embarrass my [D]kids

I [G]like everybody, dumb [C]jokes I enjoy

Just [D]under my skin I'm a [C]nine-year old [G]boy

(chorus)

(v3: Good Habits)

I'm [G]active and full of [C]fun energy

I'm [G]happy and I smile and I drive safe-[D]ly

I [G]chat with all strangers when we're [C]standing in line

And I'll [D]help out a friend if it [C]takes my last [G]dime

(chorus)

(v4: Bad Habits)

I [G]smoke cigarettes and I [C]can't seem to quit

A [G]stupid addiction that gives my wife [D]fits

I [G]start lots of project and [C]then I get bored

And [D]leave them unfinished which [C]we can't af-[G]ford

(chorus)

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

E                         A                      E          B7       E
Some people tell, I'm looking good, yeah good
    E                          A             E         B7        E       
But I'm not really self assured, it's like discussing food
    E                          A             E           B7       E
Even if I don't look good, blue eyed blond, I do feel good.

C          D       G   C     E      Am     D7     G7
I can only tell you this, I enjoye my life like it is

Very short, but that's what popped up reading the topic. I promess you I'll work it out later. To go from C to E , I touch in a kind of fingerpick style, starting on fret 3 over 2 and to the E chord.
It looks bluesy, and it sounds a very little bit bluesy, but I change or switch often chords, from E to Bm, or D7. It's a pity that we can't hear this songs. Like the "MCCormick " song, when I play it, it would probable a lot different, also my, at this moment a bit short song. I will complete it, but acoustic: I love "tricky bridges", but I am able to write without a problem 10 songs in 1 day, shake and mix these songs, and I am sure there is at least 1 good song.
I wrote (not on paper, not recorded a huge amount of (more ballads) songs, reflecting bad & good events and periods in my life. But, Jesus, we really have to meet each other guys, or we have to find a way, to share our songs, better to listen to these songs, don' have a clue how to burn them on a CD, and send copies to others. DON'T FORGET, IF WE'LL SHOULD DO THIS YOU BETTER PROTECT YOUR SONG.
This gives me a question, if I, or You, compose a song, and we register the song for copyrights, in your country, do you need to register the song in other countries too?
SUPER TOPIC, a REAL GENIAL TOPIC. It takes time, but I just wrote music and lyrics like they popped up. I am glad that most of my songs don't need a lot of correction, but playing guitar together with my best friend, they almost end in the same way, late at night, tired, he put his (my) guitar down, and suddenly, half sleepy, I continue to find fitting chords, while doing this, almost sleeping, we have some real pearls, of course all this is subjective. BIG PROBLEM, HOW TO RECORD THEM, using the ZOOM H4, with super mics, and than using a small device, like BOSS MR MICRO?? WOULD THIS BE USEFUL?? HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

very good james and Doc,

I actually forgot about this topic ,lol.

and good luck Doc o finishing your song.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

I am not in the right mood, but my bridge or verse 2&3 can be written in minor (melancholic) chords. Are you able to play this like I wrote it? or will it be different? I think that if you play it, and I play it that there will be some similarities.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

LOL thattss sick!!! lol
yehhh its hard but fun to doo

HAHA ALESHIAA WONN BIG BROTHERRRR!!!!
but it would be good if a gay guy won!! ZACCAAAA lol