Topic: Happy N(wntma)ED to me

Happy New(well, new to me, anyway) Effect Day!

(Please excuse the enormity of the photo - at least until I learn how to re-size 'em in this format…)

http://medias.audiofanzine.com/images/normal/behringer-v-amp-2-174267.jpg

Picked it up used at Guitar Center for $39.95… come on - how could I NOT buy it at that price? Included footswitch &  carry-bag (just as pictured, actually, but that's not my photo), too.

Here is a 20-minute youtube review, but really, all's you gotta know is that it does a whole buncha sheaut for cheap escpecially for what I paid for it.

So, happy N(wntma)ED to me!

Also, I will add the FP/C(wpc!) story later - it's just as good - maybe BETTER!!

"

We can beat them just for one day
We can be heroes just for one day

RIP Bowie

Re: Happy N(wntma)ED to me

Congrats, Cocktails! Looks like you got a great deal on a whole lotta fun.

Happy NED!  smile  Have fun, tell stories later (but I can't wait to hear!)

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Yeah, but how is it on nose hair, 'Tails?

Just kidding, but dayum, dood! Looks like you hit the jackpot with this purchase!!!  I don't know what the last sentence in your post means, but if you're happy, then I'm happy! smile

I have "Watch 'Tails' YT gadget review" on my to do list, buddy, so yeah -- whatever mkm said, I'm there!!!! smile

Happy NED!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Looks cool and like it will be user friendly.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Oh, no no no no no no no, Bill - that video ain't me - it's just a review someone did.

I mean, I just picked the thing up today, it'd be pretty amazing for me to set up, make, edit, and post a review already, yeah? (Though if you were to ask Mrs. C42, I think she'd agree with the "amazing' bit ifyaknowwhutimean...)

RIP Bowie

I knew what wntma meant before I clicked the link to this thread. LOL. Great minds.  Nice buy!

8 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-08-02 04:47:24)

Cocktailsfor2 wrote:

Oh, no no no no no no no, Bill - that video ain't me - it's just a review someone did.

I mean, I just picked the thing up today, it'd be pretty amazing for me to set up, make, edit, and post a review already, yeah? (Though if you were to ask Mrs. C42, I think she'd agree with the "amazing' bit ifyaknowwhutimean...)

Very bad sentence structure by this English/Journalism major, 'Tails, sorry.

Of course I meant "watch the video referred to in " 'Tails' post", not that you yourself produced and starred in it.

Sorry, man. I know better, but sometimes what starts correctly in the head doesn't make it to the page. It happens with the mouth too. big_smile, big_smile!

Your Pal

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Baldguitardude wrote:

I knew what wntma meant before I clicked the link to this thread. LOL. Great minds.  Nice buy!

Heh. Thanks.

Also: Gotcha, Bill. It's all a-ok.

Also also: Plugged in the power, plugged into my Tele, plugged in headphones and started monkeying around with this V-Amp2 thing...
First Impression: The effects alone make this more than worth what I paid for it: tremolo, echo, delay, chorus, auto-wah, flange, compression, etc., and several combinations of them - chorus + delay, etc., are totally bitchin' from what I can tell.
Then you add the amp modelling - Orange, Vox, Fender emulations and others… well, sir, I'm happier'n a pig in mud with this thing, and absolutely recommend it even without knowing thngs like how to combine amp + effect and store it for later recall...

RIP Bowie

Cocktailsfor2 wrote:
Baldguitardude wrote:

Also: Gotcha, Bill. It's all a-ok.

Oh, good! With that many no's, I was afraid a slap on the wrist from one of the nuns in my past was gonna be next! big_smile

Whatever all those abbreviations/letters mean, I hope you'll let us hear some of your work using that effect, 'Tails! smile

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

11 (edited by Doug_Smith 2015-08-03 03:09:28)

wntma  =  Well New To Me Anyway

(and, yes I had to ask one of the kids! Guess my "geezer" is showing....again)  wink

edited to ad:  Gosh someone already cleared that up at the start of the thread......."there's your sign!".

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

12 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-08-03 03:21:46)

"Also, I will add the FP/C(wpc!)......." <<<<<<<

wink smile big_smile

The initials/abbreviations here were what I was referring to , Doug. Something to with the "full picture"? I even tried to google it, but get nothing.

Thanks

Bill (who must be having one of his brainless "days")
smile

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

"Also, I will add the FP/C(wpc!)......." <<<<<<<
smile

I'm gonna guess full picture & comments (with political correctness)

But honestly my first thoughts were something about something and a woman police constable..... ???

It rained a little here today, so I must have got some rust in the works. wink

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Hahaha! Doug, I like the "woman police constable" interpretation!

All righty - as promised, the FP/C(wpc!) story:

While I was waiting for someone to bring my V-Amp2 up from the back (I'd put a deposit on it a coupla days beforehand), there was a fella also standing at the counter with his girlfriend/wife and a buncha equipment that he was selling to Guitar Center- among other things, a Boss ME-80 in a case, which he had sitting on top of the counter. I remarked that the ME-80 was way cool, but way out of my price range and way above my playing ability.

Somehow, the conversation turned to the case, and I said, "Say, can I have it?" To which he replied, "Sure, why not?" -- the store wasn't buying it off him.
"Really - for keeps?"
"Sure."
"Wow - cool. For free?"
"Yeah, sure - that way I don't hafta worry about dragging it home."
"Gee - thanks!"

Well, as things went on, he included a 6-output power center which was already screwed into the case!

So, in addition to the effect that I purchased, I went home with a

Free Pedalbox/Case (with power center! [and power cord, I might add!])

RIP Bowie

Now THAT's the way to tell a story.  Get your readers interested with odd events, foreshadowing, curiosity of the unknown....

Then tell an amazing fishing story!

NICE GRAB on the Effects AND FP/C(wpc)[apc]!  LOL!  Free... SHWAEET!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

16 (edited by keepitreal 2015-08-05 13:51:36)

As someone who's as thick as two short planks, none of the above makes any sense to me, but as their's a lot of smiley faces I guess it must be fun. The bloke stood at the counter with his wife & girlfriend. Now that's living dangerous.

Thick as two short planks

keepitreal wrote:

As someone who's as thick as two short planks, none of the above makes any sense to me, but as their's a lot of smiley faces I guess it must be fun. The bloke stood at the counter with his wife & girlfriend. Now that's living dangerous.

Just for you KIR ... "Two Short Planks" by Ian Anderson:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU_qnwT7P0Q

Thanks TF, I never heard that before. I saw Jethro Tull some years ago at a local rock and blues fest. Halfway through the set everything just died, someone forgot to refuel the generators.

Thick as two short planks