http://www.desismileys.com/smileys/desismileys_4594.gif

Glad to hear it!

.!

We can beat them just for one day
We can be heroes just for one day

RIP Bowie

Re: Band Formation

never a doubt wrote:

... I will go to Nottingham on the 10th ...

Cocktailsfor2 wrote:

Cool that you're going to see Marr - I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous...

Well? How was the show? Was Marr on top of his game?

We can beat them just for one day
We can be heroes just for one day

RIP Bowie

Well, today 22nd July 2015... Red Letter Day..
First get together and rehearse of my new band... 4 members so far... thanks to you all... Bill contact me please

GIVEN A CHANCE TO DREAM... IT CAN BE DONE

Thanks to you all, I have had a first session of the band formation  ...  4 talented people so far
Date of first rehearsal 22nd JULY 2015... a real RED LETTER DAY

GIVEN A CHANCE TO DREAM... IT CAN BE DONE

"RED LETTER DAY"...... alrighty then, it was memorable.  In a good way, or???  wink

Hope your first session went as well as Grah1's did, and look forward to additional details.

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

WARNING!!! Thread Hijack!

With so many folks from the Island involved in this thread, I was wondering if someone could help me understand something.

There are several different names used when referring to your country; UK, Great Britain and England. Could one(or more) of you folks clarify the different names for me? It's something that has nagged at me for some time and I never had a chance to ask a native. smile

Thanks.

unclejoesband wrote:

WARNING!!! Thread Hijack!

With so many folks from the Island involved in this thread, I was wondering if someone could help me understand something.

There are several different names used when referring to your country; UK, Great Britain and England. Could one(or more) of you folks clarify the different names for me? It's something that has nagged at me for some time and I never had a chance to ask a native. smile

Thanks.

Not a native, but this link might be helpful:  http://www.infoplease.com/uk/language/d … isles.html

I would generally use United Kingdom, although I'm sure that my Scottish, Irish, and Welsh ancestors would prefer me to be more specific.

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Thank you Doug_Smith for your link to infoplease.com. Someone on another forum asked me, what's the difference between the UK & GB. (The person asking the question is in the US of A). It was only because I'd read your link I knew the answer. I only lived here 62 years so still regarded as a newbie.

Thick as two short planks

Look for some early John Denver with him playing and singing as part of The Chad Mitchell Trio (a la The Kingston Trio).

You'll hear that distinctive voice right away. wink

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

keepitreal wrote:

Thank you Doug_Smith for your link to infoplease.com. Someone on another forum asked me, what's the difference between the UK & GB. (The person asking the question is in the US of A). It was only because I'd read your link I knew the answer. I only lived here 62 years so still regarded as a newbie.

I am thinking the Spelling?  Shame on us we did hi jack this post.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

hi thanks for the message roger,hi bruce i'm 61 been tinkering for 30 odd yrs,but play mainly by ear,cant read or write music ,only play 12 chords on the first three frets,cant get hang of barr chords always flat,i dont think i'd be able to fit in playing with others,probably sound totally different to the rest and that would spoil the songs,my singing is rough too so i'll say a' sorry no' thanks anyway.you can find me on facebook look for the rewedding pic,if you can find it "www.ooizit.com/daddycool, there r some ditties of mine on there but have'nt posted anymore cos they sound awful,you can email me robert.bonsall25@gmail.com,just in case i get a chance to pop over but cant promise when,all the best bob

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Bob you should pull your e-mail address off the forum and PM it to him. Unless you love spam.