Topic: Decipher chords for an anniversary gift!! :)

Hey guys!

As part of an anniversay gift I'm looking to decipher the chords to a Youtube song which isn't famous. I managed to get in contact with the artist but even he admitted he couldn't remember the exact chords he played!

I put the audio track through a computer program i downloaded to discover the chords but I'm not 100% certain of the results as I am not a guitar expert. I'll post them down below and hopefully they might be of some benefit to whomever of you is kind enough to help me!

The song is a favourite of my girlfriends, and I know she would be thrilled if I managed to find the chords so that she could play it herself. You'd really be making someone's day!!

The song is called "Squeeze Squeeze Hug Hug" by a video channel called "Notebook Babies". The forum won't let me post a link but it's easy to find!

And here is my attempts at deciphering the chords:

Intro: Em-C-Em

C                 Em              C               Em                 C 
Always I would say to you, when you’ve had a bad day
D
I’ll be there when you come home to hug your troubles away
Em                        C                 Em                   C
Squeeze squeeze hug hug, squeeze squeeze hug hug
C
Squeeze your troubles away

Em                      C                        Em     
And most of all, remember this when life has got you down
D                         A7                         D
I have you and you have me and that will always be
Em                        C              Em                    C
C

Em                       C              Em                      C
C

Any help much appreciated guys!!

Re: Decipher chords for an anniversary gift!! :)

Well here's the YT link Anyway:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_w08GVjXBs

Good Luck and Happy Anniversary!!

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Thanks mate! smile

Hey Davy05 and welcome!

That's a great thing you are doing for your anniversary. I played it through with the chords and I don't think that first chord is a C. C7 or a Cm maybe> I hope one of our other guitarists can check in and help you out. That whole tune sounds jazzy to me, kinda like this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_taHc57Qe4 which you might consider as an alternative.

http://www.chordie.com/song.php/songart … index.html The chords are a bit difficult, but hopefully your lady can use this tune.

Anyway, as Doug says, "Good Luck and Happy Anniversary".

Welcome aboard!

Bill

PS: I'm NOT the final authority on those chords and I'm just a little skeptical as to why the original artist wouldn't remember the chords to a tune like this. Just my opinion.

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

As an clearly underinformed mod, I think maybe we have an issue with posting of lyrics and chords on the site, correct? Isn't that why we're a repository and not a host? Roger?

6 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-08-12 19:44:04)

Yikes! Sorry! sad

Didn't mean to transgress. Just trying to help. My mistake.

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

As the original artist was contacted and unable to provide a written version of the chords and lyrics - I shall presume this has never actually been written down, therefore a copyright does not technically exist at this time. Should the original artist like the lyrics and educationally posting of possible chords removed from this forum, we will be happy to comply with removing them from the original post.

Members - let's just be careful with the posting of any possible copyright material.  For now, I think this is ok though.  smile  Thanks!!

(for more information see this post stickied to the top of this forum section here: http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=120)

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Strummerboy Bill thank you so much for taking the time out to help!! Much appreciated!

The original artist told me that the tune was made up of jazz chords but I wasn't certain how to interpret what he meant by that. He said he would would look into finding out for me but that he was busy at the moment at work. Apparently he writes songs and short videos for Sesame Street so it's understandable!

It's my pleasure, Davy05. It's good to have you onboard the good ship Chordie. smile

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

One final thing Bill! By any chance did you figure out the strumming patterns for each chord? For example, was a C chord perhaps down, down, down, up... etc?

I'm a frayed knot, Davy05, sorry.

I think I've gone into what the Apes on the Planet called The Forbidden Zone, the zone where my lack of knowledge is very evident, sorry. Hopefully your gf was able to figure it out.

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass