Topic: samsung galaxy tablet

I can't get rid of ads at the beginning of each song -   despite clicking the 'x'

It only happens on this device

I expect this has been asked before

any ideas how to resolve?

Re: samsung galaxy tablet

Welcome to Chordie corleoneglasgow!

I kiss your ring now! Just kidding, but one  of our very knowledgable mods should be along shortly to help you out.

I'm just a Wal-Mart greeter, basically. smile smile big_smile:D

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Try adding the Adblock Plus app to your browser (extension) and see if that helps.  You might have to check which version of Android you are running, as some versions are not supported.

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

4 (edited by dino48 2015-08-17 00:37:51)

corleoneglasgow wrote:

I can't get rid of ads at the beginning of each song -   despite clicking the 'x'

It only happens on this device

I expect this has been asked before

any ideas how to resolve?

hi and welcome here,my android tablet doe's the same thing I have learned to live with it.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I PROMISE to make a sticky about this soon.  Personally, using the Firefox for Android browser and choosing the option (from the menu, upper right hand corner) to "view as desktop" should resolve this for you.  smile  This will work with most other mobile browsers and iOS as well if you're using that.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Not use Chrome on an Android device? Really?

Dave1963 wrote:

Not use Chrome on an Android device? Really?

Yeah who'd a thought that?  But like we seem to say a lot these days "whatever works"!

Here's the "sticky" link:  http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=28070

Thanks Mekidsmom for posting this for the benefit of everyone.

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

No problemo!  Thanks for sharing the link Doug!

Dave, the Chrome for Android browser used to work well for me (again, by clicking the menu and then checking "request desktop site") - however I find that it doesn't always work where firefox almost always does.  Try it out, if it doesn't then try firefox for mobile.  Let us know how this solution works for you!  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.