Topic: Thank You Roger Guppy

The Foothill Folk Society of Chillicothe, Ohio (FFS) would like to thank Roger Guppy for his generous donation.

FFS is a non-profit group of concerned musicians, artists and supporters who are dedicated to preserving Appalachian culture in our south-central Ohio area. We often have free live music performances in which we solicit donations for our local food bank and also have a program to provide free instruments and lessons to children who otherwise may never have a chance learn to play due to their family financial situation, etc.

During our recent chordie get-together at Amy and Jim's, Roger provided a generous donation for FFS.  I was able to pass on his donation to the group during a singer-songwriter performance Friday evening. Roger received a shout-out over the PA and members were thrilled that someone as far away as Portugal had contributed to our group.  There is also a thank you on the FFS Facebook page.

Again, thanks Roger.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Re: Thank You Roger Guppy

THAT is awesome, DE!  Thanks Roger!

Can't say I'm surprised though. I have interpreted our fearless leader as quite a nice guy for a long time now and this just proves my point.

What a great way to start a Sunday!

I am happy we're friends, you two!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

smile  It was a beautiful moment when the donation exchanged hands.  Roger IS very kind, generous, and a gentleman indeed!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Hey come on guys, you are making me blush!

It is a very worthwhile organisation, giving the less fortunate youngsters chance to learn to play, and even earn their own, guitar if they keep to their lessons.

The praise is due to Ken and the other members for the good work they do.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Go Roger

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Very nice Roger. smile

All y'all are OK in my book. Thanks for being decent human beings.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

^ ditto what Zurf said - I've had the pleasure of meeting many chordians and without exception, all have been pretty great human beings!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Well done Roger! And Ken, of course...

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic