Topic: Black Hills Jam

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to send out an invitation to any Chordie folks that would like to join Liz, friends and I in a weekend jam, Sept-18-20th.
We live in Whitewood SD. We are about 35 miles from Rapid City, 10 miles from Historic Deadwood, 5 miles from Sturgis and 14 miles from Spearfish. Hope it is not to short of notice, but wanted to make sure Miss Liz was going to be up for it. She is doing great and Kicked Cancers Butt.
   It will be a great time with lots of food and drinks. The Great news is Topdown will be here handling Security. The Deadwood Jam is going on this weekend also. There will be lots to see and do. Tourist rates are down then too and makes it easier on the pocket book.

Later Wayne P.

Later, Wayne P

Re: Black Hills Jam

If Topdown is handling security, then everyone will be smiling.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I can't wait!!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

I can only play two finger lead right now. Missus Topdawgz told me to throw caution to the wind and come. Stay tuned.....not sure what will happen right yet.....

I don't care if Hell freezes, as long as I've got my plastic Jesus
Riding on the dashboard of my car......

Strat, Martin, Tele, Artcore.......

Well it's not going to work out for old Zurf.  I wish I could make it.  There's nothing I'd rather do than celebrate Miss Liz's good health.

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

6 (edited by billco 2015-08-27 14:44:10)

Hey, this is cool, I just realized (after being on Chordie for 3 years or more) that this forum is here. The only reason I realized it is because I saw "Black Hills Jam". Since I grew up in SoDak (born Rapid City, grew up Kadoka and Spearfish and Belle Fourche), everything that says "Black Hills" grabs my attention. I now live in Concord, Ca.

Since you live in Whitewood, do you know my good friend Vince Stark? (Wheel chair bound bass player). If you see him around say HI from Bill in Ca.

I'd love to join your jam but finances aren't going to allow it. Have a great time.

Now that I see my registration date, I guess it's been 8 years, time flies.

7 (edited by NELA 2015-08-27 15:39:26)

wlbaye, would love to be there but just can't make it. Ya'll have fun and play a couple of nice tunes for Ms Liz and me as we are both kicking cancer's butt.

Nela

And, Bilco, now that you see what you have been missing please feel free to stop in and join us any time. We can treat you so many different way's that you just gotta like some of them.

Topdawgz,
It would be be great to have you, there will be a retired States Attorney here, you could keep him in line😎 I can't play one finger lead so you'll be fine..

Zurf, you probably need a little break from the rat race, all that work will be there waiting when you get home😎

Billco,
I don't know him but I'll ask around, it's a small community...

Later, Wayne P

You know I could use it, but I haven't got the time.  It's going to be go-go-go through to the beginning of November at least. Thanks for your concern.

Wayne,

I think the name of his band is Bonefish?

Anyway, good to see some a "homeboy" on here.

Great news about Liz kicking cancer's butt.

Billco,
The folks at Bullwackers Bar
will fill me in, the bars been there since 1888 and they usually have all the info.

Later, Wayne P

Smoked Hog, homegrown tomatoes and Spuds, Topdown providing dinner music, a few drinks, it's gonna be good!!!

Later, Wayne P

You better eat fast. Topdown can play Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald in a minute thirty-eight.

Good point Zurf,
We will have to get him hooked up with a dozen tunes so we can have 10 minutes to eat😄

Later, Wayne P

Beautiful mountains, great bars, wonderful food and drink and fantastic hosts. This is starting off to be a great weekend!!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

sounds like alot of fun have a good weekend and try too post pictures.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

dino48 wrote:

sounds like alot of fun have a good weekend and try too post pictures.

Of Rocky Raccoon!

B

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com