1 (edited by Jandle 2015-09-12 02:16:49)

Topic: I`ll Stop Asking

Hi everyone,

this is a new song I wrote this week, my second song ever.  I play it on the ukulele but it would be nice on guitar too.  Love to hear your opinions, thanks. 
You can hear my version of it on sound cloud under the name of kiki Jan        https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan/ill-stop-askingmp3 

[I'LL STOP ASKING]

[EM]
I'll just stop asking
[AM]
I won't show I care
[D]
I'll just stop asking
[EM]
Though I love you my dear

It seems no matter
What I ask or how,
You don't want me asking
You made that clear somehow

So I’ll just stop asking
I won't show now I care
I'll just stop asking
One day I won't be there

I tried to show interest
I tried to advise
But you heard only nagging
That’s all it was in your eyes

So I'll just stop asking
I won't show how I care
I'll just stop asking
One day I won't be here

I have thoughts and opinions
I`d love to share with you
But you don't want to hear them
You wouldn’t give me your ear                           

So I'll just stop asking
No more will I try
I'll just stop asking
No more will I cry

You thought me interfering
That’s what you were inferring
You say I use a tone
So I`ll leave you alone

I`ll just stop asking
I`ll make sure to stay clear
I`ll just stop asking
But remember I love you dear.

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

2 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-09-12 02:42:38)

Re: I`ll Stop Asking

Oh my. Those are some "let me get right to the point" lyrics, Jandle and I like them a lot. Let me get right on the Cloud and listen.

Thanks!

Bill

ETA: All my comments about this beautifully performed tune are on Sound Cloud. I hope all of you get a chance to hear its haunting melody.

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Strummberboy Bill, thanks for taking a look at my song and the great feedback smile  Actually your right, they are pretty much " let me get right to the point" lyrics aren't they, lol, hadn't thought of it like that.

You mentioned it probably need a chorus particularly for guitar ......  well all the ones with "I`ll just stop asking" even though I know each one changes ever so slightly was meant to be my chorus,  maybe I should have or should write above each one of those chorus.... which brings me to ask the question......can you actually change the lyrics slightly on the chorus? not sure if this is the done thing?, would appreciate your opinion or anyone's opinon on that.

Cheers Strummberboy smile

Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Jandle,

First of all, that song "spoke" to me. Every stanza had something written to which I personally could relate and that voice of yours - I don't know what electronics you use - was just as if my wife was standing there calling me to task. I don't know if anyone else has told you this yet, but you really need to explore those feelings of yours with the media of music - it's really mesmerizing and makes you want to listen.

I'm babbling, I know, but as to a chorus: I play guitar and a "bridge" "chorus" or whatever you want to call it, just is natural to me because it's usual? Does that make sense?

If singing without a chorus is your style, then by all means, let it be that way. Let the story be told as it is and in this instance, what would you even use as a chorus? Change keys and go off in a different direction?.

Please son't let that "musicator" label throw you, okay? I'm no better than the rest of these folks. All I know is how your song made me feel, and it got to me and made me realize some things I may need to change.

Like I stated before, I tend to babble sometimes, but hopefully you made some sense out of what i wrote.

Good Night!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Got to agree with Bill re the chorus and bridge as part of the structure of the song it helps to engage the listener  especialy in a long song I'd like to hear a guitar version  mainly because I'm not a great fan of the uke for a serious ballad like this one,having said all this I do like the content and your delivery ,your voice is good and has a distinctive tone .Very well done

that's a good one Jandle

out of tune out of key and out of touch

7 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-09-12 14:46:33)

This song is so surreal, she could use a glockenspiel and I'd still focus in on the words.

In the words of Kris Kristofferson, "She's been readin' my mail." smile

If we were still doing our compilation cd, "The Best Of Chordie" or whatever we were going to call it, I'd want that tune on it. Just my opinion.

Bill

PS: Graham, with Jandle's permission why don't you and the other guitarists give it a shot, the way y'all did with my Sunshine?

I can also see this as a duet. Maybe a back and forth, Jan? May need some editing/rewriting.

In short, I am this song's fan! smile

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Thanks Jan for putting it up here.
I see I'm not the only one it touched. Good song and well done.

I have to agree with Graph when it comes to the uke. The uke always sounds like a happy sound rather than a serious, heart felt instrument to me. I like your uke playing and your voice lends well to the song.

I'm looking forward to playing around with it on the guitar. Maybe some day I will get some decent recording equipment and get something up on soundcloud.

Thanks Chordie for the years of music and advise.

Jandle, I like your song just as it is. I'm neither a songwriter or poet but I know what I like. Keep it up.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

You have a great voice, good lyrics and complimented by the simple uke backing. Excellent piece of work.

Thick as two short planks

11 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-09-13 01:02:12)

The thing is, I can't seem to stop listening to this song!!!!!

I'm seeing all kinds of scenery and scenarios; some idiot watching a ball game with a beautiful woman watching him watching and thinking all that stuff and I'm wondering if the dolt could hear her saying/singing this, would it make a difference?

Probably not. Some guys are just meant to be jerks, Jandle and this is one.

If I were there, I believe I'd jerk him out of his chair, smear him up with mustard and ask him doesn't he know what a wonderful woman he's in the process of losing here???

He doesn't even deserve to be mentioned here on Chordie, I think so little of him!

Roger! Sir! We need a new law that says jerks like him with no chance of rehab, should get to listen to this pretty song ONE time, and then, when and if he sees the light, the rest of us guys pick him up and throw him out of the internet. He had his chance. Out he goes.

Then we all put on ties, bring Jan a bouquet of flowers and a bottle of Dom Perignon and spend the rest of the evening telling her what a beautiful song she has written and how that guy didn't deserve her in the first place, and also to let one of us know if he comes slithering around again!

*Whew*

I think I'm done.

smile

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

You have a way with word's Bill.

I think it's the "batguano", Rick. smile

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Your bag of "batguano" is bigger than mine friend.

Sometimes I feel like I have 4 pounds of it in a 3 pound bag, my friend. smile

People don't usually like to be around me at those times, so luckily the meds help the anxiety and panic attacks.

But ironically, those are the times when I'm at my most creative.

My son calls it "Dad's 'Hulking' Out, Mom!"

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Jan

What a beautiful voice !

Well done

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

17 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-09-14 01:10:40)

Makes me wanna apologize for being a man.

Okay, shutting it up. wink I think we overwhelmed her. smile

Okay, okay..... I overwhelmed her.

But she started it! It was she who overwhelmed  me! smile

Bill

Jan: Don't mind me, I'm just having fun with my friends here, but everything I wrote about the song you sang for us is spot on. You touched quite a few of us, and we're glad to have you onboard. Don't be a stranger, okay?

B

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Grah1 wrote:

Got to agree with Bill re the chorus and bridge as part of the structure of the song it helps to engage the listener  especialy in a long song I'd like to hear a guitar version  mainly because I'm not a great fan of the uke for a serious ballad like this one,having said all this I do like the content and your delivery ,your voice is good and has a distinctive tone .Very well done

Thanks Grah1 for your comments regarding the chorus and bridge, noted and thanks smile    I think most (not all) guitarist aren`t so keen on the ukulele, i can actually understand that, it doesn't have the depth a guitar has for one.  I sure would love to be able to play the guitar well myself.  Anyway, feel free to have a go at this one with guitar, love to hear your version smile

Glad you liked the content and delivery, thanks, appreciate that.

mojo01 wrote:

that's a good one Jandle

Thanks mojo01 smile

rickyjack wrote:

Thanks Jan for putting it up here.
I see I'm not the only one it touched. Good song and well done.

I have to agree with Graph when it comes to the uke. The uke always sounds like a happy sound rather than a serious, heart felt instrument to me. I like your uke playing and your voice lends well to the song.

I'm looking forward to playing around with it on the guitar. Maybe some day I will get some decent recording equipment and get something up on soundcloud.

Thanks rickyjack, looking forward to hearing your version of this song and thanks for comments smile  As I said, it seems the uke is not everyone`s cup of tea, but for me its easier than guitar and easier to carry around.  Having said that, there are some awesome ukulele players out there, my favourite being James Hill, check him out or Jake Shimabukuro.

bluejeep wrote:

Jandle, I like your song just as it is. I'm neither a songwriter or poet but I know what I like. Keep it up.

bluejeep, thanks for that,  appreciate that smile

keepitreal wrote:

You have a great voice, good lyrics and complimented by the simple uke backing. Excellent piece of work.

keepitreal, thanks heaps, appreciate your feedback smile

TIGLJK wrote:

Jan

What a beautiful voice !

Well done

Jim

TIGLJK thanks to you as well, glad you liked it smile

Strummerboy Bill, haha you are awesome!   I love all your messages above ..... wow, you blew me away with all your comments! I cant thank you enough for ALL your wonderful feedback, comments, everything you have said regarding my song, really made my day all of it and couldn't stop grinning like a Cheshire cat at all your comments.  Could hardly fit my head out the door wink

Anyway, glad it had an impact on you and by the sounds a couple of others here.  I kind of thought when I wrote it, that it would only impact woman, so it was with a great surprise and unexpected surprise that it could have such an effect on men as well, so I am very touched by your words that it does have an affect on guys too.  So as I said, thank you heaps smile

And to your comment earlier up there, I would be honored if anyone wanted to play this song, I would love to hear it on guitar and other people take on it.  So feel free and if you want to share it with us, great smile

And finally, to your last comment, nope you didn't scare me off with all the comments, I was just out all day yesterday and so didn't get onto Chordie to reply smile

Jan
For a second song this is amazing,your first one was good but this is much gooder.
Isn`t it great to get feedback from these lovely people on chordie?
It`s all about encouragement.

The King Of Audio Torture